Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a very thin / quiet sound on all of the Class A types, and a lot of bass on all other types.

Here's a video of a new simple preset I created and ran through a few amps.

I'm getting a very thin / quiet sound on all of the Class A types, and a lot of bass on all other types.

Almost sounds like the Power Amp Modeling is turned off in Global Settings ....

I know this is not going to help you figure out the issue but I have been playing the AC30 for the past hour and for the first time I am really liking it (one of my first posts on this forum was about not liking the AC30 very much in the II). Did you just setup that preset from scratch or is it one you made in a previous version? I was just playing in the factory preset.

Sounds like your on a YoYo diet, your FAT, then your skinny, the your FAT!

I got that exact same "sound" on a few of my presets, couldn't fix it by editing, deleted the amp block, inserted a new one, same thing. Started from a new empty preset used same amp, and it sounded right, copied that block, and pasted it into the the original preset and it fixed it. New guy, so what do I know, but FWIW...

That's what I was getting on this Beta. Panicked a bit and rolled back to 4.03 and problem solved.

Almost sounds like the Power Amp Modeling is turned off in Global Settings ....
It is turned on. I just noticed this when I went to try an AC-30 model - it sounded thin and lower volume than the Solo 88 in my preset. All the Class-A ones sound like this.

Every amp I use sounds and feels incredible, including the AC30! So easy to dial in a good tone!

Finally got around to Beta 3. I don't really have words. The palm mutes kick me in the chest.

Cliff wasn't kidding about the Herbie.

It is turned on. I just noticed this when I went to try an AC-30 model - it sounded thin and lower volume than the Solo 88 in my preset. All the Class-A ones sound like this.

How do other presets sound, like the factory presets?
First try another new preset.
Second:
Reinstall firmware and try it again. If still no love, reinstall your presets.
Shouldn’t work, but it has...:confused:

Please post a preset and your system dump.

How do other presets sound, like the factory presets?
First try another new preset.
Second:
Reinstall firmware and try it again. If still no love, reinstall your presets.
Shouldn’t work, but it has...:confused:
Factory presets sound reasonable. Things are a little better if I reset the channel but still not quite sounding right.

Still investigating but the fact that the factory presets sound OK means it's probably something in my preset...

Please post a preset and your system dump.

Thanks Cliff. It is definitely happening on new presets even though the factory ones sound OK.

Here is a preset that demonstrates what I'm hearing. Channel A on the amp sounds OK. Channel B sounds thin and is quieter.

How do I perform a system dump?

Attachments

• 5.03b test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Factory presets sound reasonable. Things are a little better if I reset the channel but still not quite sounding right.

Still investigating but the fact that the factory presets sound OK means it's probably something in my preset...
Post a preset. It could be a parameter not getting set properly.

Thanks Cliff. It is definitely happening on new presets even though the factory ones sound OK.

Here is a preset that demonstrates what I'm hearing. Channel A on the amp sounds OK. Channel B sounds thin and is quieter.

Use Fractal-Bot. Click Receive and the select "System + Global Blocks + FC".

Are you using Global Blocks?

Preset sounds fine here. Yes, one channel is louder than the other but that's why there's a Level control. Turn it up or down as needed.

That IR you're using is kind of nasty. Wouldn't be my first choice for a solo IR.

I'm just about ready for a release version but waiting for feedback on the improved scene switching.
Over-all, I really like it!! :cool: Bypassed blocks no longer cause gaps when switching channels..:)

The only thing that could be an issue for some, is switching Reverb and Delay channels? This has always had the possibility of issues depending on how different the models and/or setting are. So, I avoid switching models when using channels on Reverb and Multi-Delay blocks whenever possible. Just simple changes in 'Input Gain', 'Feedback', etc... But, now the trails are also interrupted. There are plenty of work-arounds using scene controllers and/or control switches, or more instances of the effect.

But, even when switching channels on effects with trails, it is still surprisingly smooth, as long as you are playing during the switch, as the 'dry' portion of the signal passing through is not muted. Genius!

Preset sounds fine here. Yes, one channel is louder than the other but that's why there's a Level control. Turn it up or down as needed.

That IR you're using is kind of nasty. Wouldn't be my first choice for a solo IR.

OK, here's the system dump. I picked the IR at random, sorry it's not a good one.

Attachments

• 190322-185854-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 3
Over-all, I really like it!! :cool: Bypassed blocks no longer cause gaps when switching channels..:)

The only thing that could be an issue for some, is switching Reverb and Delay channels? This has always had the possibility of issues depending on how different the models and/or setting are. So, I avoid switching models when using channels on Reverb and Multi-Delay blocks whenever possible. Just simple changes in 'Input Gain', 'Feedback', etc... But, now the trails are also interrupted. There are plenty of work-arounds using scene controllers and/or control switches, or more instances of the effect.

But, even when switching channels on effects with trails, it is still surprisingly smooth, as long as you are playing during the switch, as the 'dry' portion of the signal passing through is not muted. Genius!
I don’t face this issue since effects are just seasoning for me. I rely on basic amp tone more than anything. But I wonder if, rather than clever coding, the answer lies in dual AxeFx III’s used in tandem or an AxeFxe IV that effectively encapsulates two AxeFx III’s in one unit in a symbiotic relationship. I’ve seen this approach before with DigiTech’s optional dual chip 2101.

The AxeFx III Pro... could be a thing maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom