Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Completely new Amp block cathode follower algorithm yielding more accurate results. The “Ideal” cathode follower type is no longer supported as it is incompatible and has been removed from the GUI. The Cathode Follower Time and Ratio parameters have also been removed as they are no longer applicable. A “Grid Clipping” parameter has been added which allows the user to adjust the grid clipping in the cathode follower. The default value reflects the “softer” response of classic British and American tubes like Mullard, Sylvania and RCA. Higher values simulate the response of modern Chinese and Russian tubes with more abrupt clipping.

Updated various Amp block parameters related to new cathode follower algorithm. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values.

Added AES/SPDIF Input Level control. This is located in the I/O->USB/AES menu. NOTE: this parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to adjust to the desired level if using the AES or SPDIF inputs.

Added Treble Booster and Mid Booster boost types to Amp block.

Improved Scene/Channel change logic. Only the wet data is muted when changing scenes and channels now leaving the dry data intact which results in smoother transitions.

Fixed wrong bass pot taper in Friedman Small Box model.

Fix FC per-preset corruption with some presets.

Added AES/SPDIF Input Level control. This is located in the I/O->USB/AES menu. NOTE: this parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to adjust to the desired level if using the AES or SPDIF inputs.
i'll make a warning thread ;)

Improved Scene/Channel change logic. Only the wet data is muted when changing scenes and channels now leaving the dry data intact which results in smoother transitions.
ooh excited to hear this. i personally have no issue with the current logic, but excited to hear what this does.

I knew this was imminent after the beta 2 thread was unstickied, but the dog needed walking, so I am late to the party! I shall install it forthwith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom