Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have found some presets that are stuttering, some are humming.

Here is a file with two amps. I did import the amps, cab, in and out. The amps are even not connected to the input. The amp block makes sound on its own. The sound disapears, when you delete the 2nd amp block. Since the 2nd amp block has no connection to anything in the grid, it's not signal from it, that starts the stuttering.
Some unconventional settings seem to work with one amp block, but seem to cause oscillation,when the 2nd block gets added.
Any idea?

Attachments

• 2 Amp Stutter.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi there,

I have found some presets that are stuttering, some are humming.

Here is a file with two amps. I did import the amps, cab, in and out. The amps are even not connected to the input. The amp block makes sound on its own. The sound disapears, when you delete the 2nd amp block. Since the 2nd amp block has no connection to anything in the grid, it's not signal from it, that starts the stuttering.
Some unconventional settings seem to work with one amp block, but seem to cause oscillation,when the 2nd block gets added.
Any idea?
Seems to be related to the presence knob

The same happens with the USA Clean with presence around 1 and IIC+’s with presence between 0 and 1

Last edited:
I've seen the presence knob posts, but I thought it was about low settings. These are normal presence values.

Some other parameters seem involved.
Changing power tube to ideal pentode or 300b let the issue disappear. Turning supply type to DC or turning P.A. Cathode resistance a bit up makes it disappear.
Setting supply sag to low values make a constant humming.
B+ time constant or screen frequency varies the frequency of the stuttering.
Turning variac away from 100 percent fixes it.

Done:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgfkmrx8r2rggnc/Stereo Plexis.syx?dl=0

I've also changed the outputs:
The Idea was to have the following:
- OUT 1 to FOH
- OUT2 to monitors
- IN 3 from FOH
- OUT 3 sum from FOH and OUT
I did make the mistake to put OUTs 2 and 4 after OUT 1.
Old on the left, new on the right

p.png
What is the IN 3 from FOH and OUT 3 sum from FOH and OUT 1 for?

I've seen the presence knob posts, but I thought it was about low settings. These are normal presence values.

Some other parameters seem involved.
Changing power tube to ideal pentode or 300b let the issue disappear. Turning supply type to DC or turning P.A. Cathode resistance a bit up makes it disappear.
Setting supply sag to low values make a constant humming.
B+ time constant or screen frequency varies the frequency of the stuttering.
Turning variac away from 100 percent fixes it.
Already been fixed for the release version.

Gonna be another day or two for the final release. I was getting a little more bass than the reference amps for some models. Finally figured out that my cathode follower network needs to be higher order so I have to increase the order and enter the data for all the amp models.

Dedication to Quality in action!

I noticed that all the Marshalls seem to be a bit more compressed and distorted than before. Almost like a fuzz tone. On my real Marshall's when cranked to a certain volume level the speakers in the cabs start distorting and add to the overall distorted sound. This is kind of what I was hearing. On the real amps if you lower the volume just a bit below that breakup point the speakers stop distorting. So depending on the volume level you play at either the speakers are distorting and adding to the overall distorted sound or they are not. I couldn't really dial it out with the new firmware. Basically 5.00beta 2 sounds just a bit too fuzzy on all the Marshalls to me. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound quite right.

I noticed that all the Marshalls seem to be a bit more compressed and distorted than before. Almost like a fuzz tone. On my real Marshall's when cranked to a certain volume level the speakers in the cabs start distorting and add to the overall distorted sound. This is kind of what I was hearing. On the real amps if you lower the volume just a bit below that breakup point the speakers stop distorting. So depending on the volume level you play at either the speakers are distorting and adding to the overall distorted sound or they are not. I couldn't really dial it out with the new firmware. Basically 5.00beta 2 sounds just a bit too fuzzy on all the Marshalls to me. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound quite right.
have you adjusted the Master Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom