Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have been real reluctant to install it, but on the other hand, I feel like I am missing out. Thank you for clarifying the information on the editor. :D
You're golden, man; it's ok to update FW, and continue using the latest AxeEdit. There may be a couple minor things that won't show in the Editor, related to the new updates in the firmware, but 99.99% (+/- o_O) of the AxeEdit will still work fine.

There have been one or two updates, a few years ago, that didn't play well, but you should be fine with most of the latest ones.

If you decide you HAVE to play with some of the new features, sometimes you may need to do that from the face panel of the AxeFx III; everything else should be fine.

I've found Fractal betas to be pretty solid. Usually, I don't install them just because that's my nature as a software developer (not to install beta software on production machines).

If I was a touring musician, I would eschew the betas in favor of something that has Fractal's seal of approval. If you're just jamming in your studio, feel free to install it. I haven't read about anyone's AxeFX being bricked because of beta firmware.

I did install v5 beta 2 today, because I'm intrigued by Cliff's new big breakthrough.

Not sure if this is a Bug, but when changing presets from the FRONT SCREEN under FW 5b2, when connected to Axe Edit, the presets only load (the sound) when Axe Edit updates it's screen, which is like half a second.
When not connected to Axe edit, the presets load instantly.
I do not remember that happening in previous FW's.

Not sure if this is a Bug, but when changing presets from the FRONT SCREEN under FW 5b2, when connected to Axe Edit, the presets only load (the sound) when Axe Edit updates it's screen, which is like half a second.
I noticed recently that when changing patches with AxeEdit all the blocks in the patch are lit up as active for about a second even though they are not all on. Perhaps that’s just an AxeEdit/FW mismatch update thing, but I’ve never seen this happen before.

It's a beta. Axe Edit is never updated to work with a beta firmware. Sometimes Axe Edit works fine with a beta. Sometimes not.

It's a beta. Axe Edit is never updated to work with a beta firmware. Sometimes Axe Edit works fine with a beta. Sometimes not.

Im not talking about the time it takes Axe Edit to update, im talking about the SOUND in AxeFx update lag when changing presets directly from AxeFx front panel.
Just by mere being connected to Axe Edit there is a delay within AxeFx regardless of what is happening in Axe Edit, That was not the case in previous FW. So only if you disconnect Axe Edit the presets load instantly.

I noticed recently that when changing patches with AxeEdit all the blocks in the patch are lit up as active for about a second even though they are not all on. Perhaps that’s just an AxeEdit/FW mismatch update thing, but I’ve never seen this happen before.

Im not talking about the time it takes Axe Edit to update, im talking about the SOUND in AxeFx update lag when changing presets directly from AxeFx front panel.
Just by mere being connected to Axe Edit there is a delay within AxeFx regardless of what is happening in Axe Edit, That was not the case in previous FW. So only if you disconnect Axe Edit the presets load instantly.

That's normal. While Axe-Edit polls state and catches up, things are muted.

You can avoid this by pausing Axe-Edit and unpausing it when you're done messing around on the hardware. It'll do a catch-up sync on un-pause that can take a second or two.

He is not talking about "the time it takes Axe Edit to update". He is saying the update for the Axe-Edit, that is compatible with the new FW is coming out after the final FW release. We are in still beta, so no official Axe-Edit, that supports it.

Last edited:
Another odd behavior:
When scrolling amps with the Value wheel, at a certain speed it just takes off and keeps going fast to the end o the list even when you take your hand off it. It does not behave this way when scrolling presets and other stuff. Only in amps.

Normal behavior.

Another odd behavior:
When scrolling amps with the Value wheel, at a certain speed it just takes off and keeps going fast to the end o the list even when you take your hand off it. It does not behave this way when scrolling presets and other stuff. Only in amps.
Normal as well.If you spin it fast.

I might have found a bug.
Open Burgs 8 scenes, all cleans preset and choose scene 1 Bandmaster.
Try and bypass the Rotary block.

I tried spacebar and bypass in AxeEdit and I also tried to bypass it with the front panel. I can replace it with a shunt but I can't bypass it. If I replace it with a new Rotary I can bypass that, but I can't bypass the original.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I thought I would point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom