Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you don't even need a second amp. I just inserted this into a new blank preset, IN1, AMP1, OUT1 (all through front panel). Select USA clean. Set Level to 0dB (this is not important but allows you to hear the artifact). Set Presence below 1.0 - you'll hear like a sort of tremolo chirping that changes frequency as you decrease below 1.0

The above sound artifact happens without any input at all

@FractalAudio —^

I am getting serious problems with the FC-6 not loading presets, sometimes they load , sometimes they don't, there are some spots, that never load and the screen gets blank, I have to access through the axe edit tp a new preset spot.....
Did you follow the included instructions and load the default FC-6 layouts?

What layout are you using?

What is your bank size setting?

What version of FC firmware are you using?

Have you tried a different XLR cable?

Cliffs, i appreciate you saying this. I think from now on people should say that TO THEM it sounds like real amps not that it DOES.

To me it still dosn't but when i say it here people say to me, well this is your opinion.
But it is not an opinion hearing a difference, So It is subjected to hearing details, but it is not a Subjective judgment.

I think it is getting closer all the time, amazingly so, but nothing can be like something else, merely because it is not. But that's also what makes the AxeFx what it is, no amp can nearly do what the Axe does!

I am a daily loving user of the AxeFx and i am grateful to you for being at peace enough to say your evolving, It is at the benefit of all of us and it is an incredible amazing box already, Thanks for the pursuit!
But they DO sound like 'real' amps. You're wanting a different sound than the Axe provides at this point. The fact remains that the amp models in the Axe sound like their real amp counterparts using a specific configuration (mic'd cab).

Did you follow the included instructions and load the default FC-6 layouts?

What layout are you using?

What is your bank size setting?

What version of FC firmware are you using?

Have you tried a different XLR cable?
I think I erased the default layouts, and created my own, maybe that was the issue

ok, I solved my problem, I set the per preset override to "NONE", this way the setup of the FC6 affects globally all presets, and not to each individual presets changing

Using a spectrum analyzer, the following is a list of other amps that exhibit spikes in the frequency spectrum when Presence is set to 0. Depending on their location and level (and you're hearing ability) these spikes may or may not be audible to you.

Spike @ 16.9 KHz
5153 50W Blue

Spike @ 3.3 KHz
5153 100W Blue
5153 100W Green
5153 100W Red

Spike @ 8.1 KHz
USA IIC+
USA IIC+ Bright
USA IIC+ Deep
USA IIC+ Deep Bright

Spike @ 14.8 KHz
USA Lead
USA Lead Bright
USA Lead Mid Gain
USA Lead Mid Gain Bright

Spike @ 6.2 KHz
USA Pre Clean

Spike @ 11.9 KHz
USA Pre LD1 Red

Spike at 15 KHz
USA Pre LD2 Yellow
USA Pre LD2 Red
USA Pre LD2 Green
USA Pre LD2 Yellow

Oscillating Spike @ 13.4 KHz
FAS Skull Crusher
PVH 6160 Block
PVH 6160+ Lead

Spike @ 9 KHz
PVH 6160+ Rhythm
PVH 6160+ Rhythm

Using a spectrum analyzer, the following is a list of other amps that exhibit spikes in the frequency spectrum when Presence is set to 0. Depending on their location and level (and you're hearing ability) these spikes may or may not be audible to you.

Spike @ 16.9 KHz
5153 50W Blue

Spike @ 3.3 KHz
5153 100W Blue
5153 100W Green
5153 100W Red

Spike @ 8.1 KHz
USA IIC+
USA IIC+ Bright
USA IIC+ Deep
USA IIC+ Deep Bright

Spike @ 14.8 KHz
USA Lead
USA Lead Bright
USA Lead Mid Gain
USA Lead Mid Gain Bright

Spike @ 6.2 KHz
USA Pre Clean

Spike @ 11.9 KHz
USA Pre LD1 Red

Spike at 15 KHz
USA Pre LD2 Yellow
USA Pre LD2 Red
USA Pre LD2 Green
USA Pre LD2 Yellow

FAS Skull Crusher
PVH 6160 Block
PVH 6160+ Lead

Spike @ 9 KHz
PVH 6160+ Rhythm
PVH 6160+ Rhythm

Wow. I guess that was lots of work.
Did you go trough all of the amps and these are the only ones that show the issue? Or are these the ones that you usually take?

Spike @ 16.9 KHz
5153 50W Blue

Spike @ 3.3 KHz
5153 100W Blue
5153 100W Green
5153 100W Red

Spike @ 8.1 KHz
USA IIC+
USA IIC+ Bright
USA IIC+ Deep
USA IIC+ Deep Bright

Spike @ 14.8 KHz
USA Lead
USA Lead Bright
USA Lead Mid Gain
USA Lead Mid Gain Bright

Spike @ 6.2 KHz
USA Pre Clean

Spike @ 11.9 KHz
USA Pre LD1 Red

Spike at 15 KHz
USA Pre LD2 Yellow
USA Pre LD2 Red
USA Pre LD2 Green
USA Pre LD2 Yellow

FAS Skull Crusher
PVH 6160 Block
PVH 6160+ Lead

Spike @ 9 KHz
PVH 6160+ Rhythm
PVH 6160+ Rhythm
Thanks for this. I'm pretty sure I know what this is and will be an easy fix. For now don't turn the presence that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom