Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff, are your ears insured? Thinking of a (not so funny) moment in the future when you actually start having hearing loss and the firmware 43beta comes out and you swear it sound better but everyone else is like...? Why are there so many highs? :p
I believe we’ll all suffer that as a group together.
FW43 Notes:
“Added Secondary Treble Extension Parameter to all amps to give +20dB of clear & clean laser like high end that has been more & more elusive during long critical listening tests.”

-BEST FIRMWARE EVER!!!

@FractalAudio some strange behaviour with the USA Lead model presence control when using two amps blocks. Only seems to happen when running 2 amp blocks and only when the presence is between 0.9 and 1.3 - clip below. Also happens on the USA Clean, C+ and USA Pre models but not on the C++.

Nice catch !
We all know how fast Cliff is working...so am I the only one thinking Beta #3 will drop within the next couple of hours? ;)

Band Commander & South Church verb is hitting the spot for me this morning

That clip was far more:

giphy.gif

than "bong" for me.

There are things I hear and feel now that I couldn't discern years ago.

I've sat and played one chord for hours on end comparing the amp to the model and it's taught me things that measurements don't show.

I seem to be experiencing this too (more in middle age) . When I was in my hi-fi stereo phase a few years ago I sampled 10 different speakers in my stereo system with the same music over and over, A/B-ing them, and only one came close to sounding neutral (it was $7000 for the pair).

With the Axe I've had a favorite clean Hiwatt preset on my AF2 which sounded/felt incredibly chunky (Alex Lifeson god-like) with my OCD v1.1. When I set it up identically on the AF3, I could not replicate the same feel with identical AMP/CAB settings... even with various tone matching attempts (w/ and w/o the same cab), something was different.

I concluded that my expectations for a particular tone/feel had gotten wired into my brain from years of using that patch on the Axe 1-2 and that as much as I really liked it, the AF3 has a different kind of 3D quality/feel that I didn't experience with the prior models/FWs. In recordings I can't hear it as much, but playing the AF3 feels more "alive." I don't know if that is due to getting closer and closer to real tube amp dynamics or if Cliff adds some proprietary special spice (FASPICE?) to the simulations...

@FractalAudio some strange behaviour with the USA Lead model presence control when using two amps blocks. Only seems to happen when running 2 amp blocks and only when the presence is between 0.9 and 1.3 - clip below. Also happens on the USA Clean, C+ and USA Pre models but not on the C++.

Actually you don't even need a second amp. I just inserted this into a new blank preset, IN1, AMP1, OUT1 (all through front panel). Select USA clean. Set Level to 0dB (this is not important but allows you to hear the artifact). Set Presence below 1.0 - you'll hear like a sort of tremolo chirping that changes frequency as you decrease below 1.0

Muchas gracias Cliff. Recién compré el Axe FX III y hay un mundo de actualizaciones. También me he puesto a ver los videos del señor Leon Todd y son una biblioteca de Alejandría. Gracias a todos por cierto que de una u otra forma han ayudado a que pueda comenzar a usar el Axe FX III con el 4CM y seguro vendré seguido a preguntarles cosas. Gracias equipo.

Thanks a lot Cliff. I just bought the Axe FX III and there is a world of updates. Also the Mr. Leon Todd's videos are an Alexandria Library to all of us, a real beacon in the night. Thank you all of you because in one way or the other you've helped me in the early stage of using an Axe FX III with 4CM and a Carvin Legacy 3, surely I'll come back with a lot of questions soon. Thank you team. (sorry for the bad english).
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom