Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I thought it was there but my hearing continues to evolve. Right now I think it's there but in a year I might think differently. There are things I hear and feel now that I couldn't discern years ago. Most people only hear frequency response and that's enough to fool them. That's why those online A/B tests don't mean much. And you can't hear feel.

I've sat and played one chord for hours on end comparing the amp to the model and it's taught me things that measurements don't show. Every firmware update it gets harder and harder to tell the difference in blind A/B tests but in a month or three or twelve I might be able to again.
I think it's that search for that holy grail sound that we all try for. It may just be changes in hearing, but I have it happen every once in a while. I just don't like my settings anymore and sit for hours to perfect a few presets, based on my guitar rig.
What you do for this product is commendable. Thank You!

.... we are mostly all sounding like birds in a nest , chirping the same things - OVER and OVER again.

The funny part is - We all mean every word , every time.
Best FW ever.

Years ago I thought it was there but my hearing continues to evolve. Right now I think it's there but in a year I might think differently. There are things I hear and feel now that I couldn't discern years ago. Most people only hear frequency response and that's enough to fool them. That's why those online A/B tests don't mean much. And you can't hear feel.

I've sat and played one chord for hours on end comparing the amp to the model and it's taught me things that measurements don't show. Every firmware update it gets harder and harder to tell the difference in blind A/B tests but in a month or three or twelve I might be able to again.
Profound. If that doesn’t explain Fractal Audio in the most beautiful way & why there is simply no others in their league, then I don’t know what would.

Apparently you've taught the Axe-Fx to hear them too!!! :)

Based on the glowing comments on this and the 5.1 beta, I did something I've never done before: I loaded new firmware literally as we were preparing to start rehearsal. :D

Sounds great, but IEMs don't offer the best chance to really hear it.

I did play for a few minutes with my Xitones and looking forward to really experiencing it tomorrow.

If I’m not mistaken, the high gain amps are even tighter and more detailed now. The wound strings sound very springy, like the overtones are more ordered and with more extension.

I was on the HUGE FW 4.03 and would be awaiting official FW 5 release but all your “good noise” out there about 5.0B and then this 5.0B#2 made me download and install the last one...
...OMG!!!
Those Friedmans are insane....my neighborhood likes them too!!!
And it’s only 8’o clock in the morning here in Italy...
Police comin’ in 3...2...1.....

Thank You Mr. Cliff

@FractalAudio some strange behaviour with the USA Lead model presence control when using two amps blocks. Only seems to happen when running 2 amp blocks and only when the presence is between 0.9 and 1.3 - clip below. Also happens on the USA Clean, C+ and USA Pre models but not on the C++.

Add a bit of water to that sound..and there`s your `Bong`sound ;)

Last edited:
@FractalAudio some strange behaviour with the USA Lead model presence control when using two amps blocks. Only seems to happen when running 2 amp blocks and only when the presence is between 0.9 and 1.3 - clip below. Also happens on the USA Clean, C+ and USA Pre models but not on the C++.

I had the same problem the other day Leon, I found in my situation that turning the supply sag and variac back to default values sorted the problem out although this probably isn't an ideal fix, hope this helps

Just for clarity I was still on FW4.03 at the time

Last edited:

I am sure by now, you have enough material to make a biopic movie/documentarry of 5 hours for us.... please do consider to some show us behind the scenes....that I am sure would be super interesting.

Based on the glowing comments on this and the 5.1 beta, I did something I've never done before: I loaded new firmware literally as we were preparing to start rehearsal. :D

Sounds great, but IEMs don't offer the best chance to really hear it.

I did play for a few minutes with my Xitones and looking forward to really experiencing it tomorrow.

Don't worry, Cliff's got your back... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom