Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.03

Loved the video; where children’s entertainment meets substance abuse, without the inherent creepyness of the Wiggles marionettes.
Man, I couldda been a great children’s writer.. little did I know I could have been making money the whole time.. :rolleyes: I’m a little too old and more importantly too married now to travel those roads any longer..

Huge breakthrough today. Version 5.00 coming soon. I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent. Gets rid of that crackly sound on palm mutes. Instead you get this nice "bong" and almost piano-like low notes. A/B'ing with my Dual Recto and Soldano X88 and it's spot-on.

The algorithm is pretty complex and adds 10% CPU usage but fortunately the Axe-Fx III has power to spare and it runs on the second CPU so the user won't even notice. Doubt I'll be able to port it to the II though as that CPU is almost maxed out.

I have to enter data for all the amp models but I might be able to have a beta later tonight.

808466.jpg

Huge breakthrough today. Version 5.00 coming soon. I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent. Gets rid of that crackly sound on palm mutes. Instead you get this nice "bong" and almost piano-like low notes. A/B'ing with my Dual Recto and Soldano X88 and it's spot-on.

The algorithm is pretty complex and adds 10% CPU usage but fortunately the Axe-Fx III has power to spare and it runs on the second CPU so the user won't even notice. Doubt I'll be able to port it to the II though as that CPU is almost maxed out.

I have to enter data for all the amp models but I might be able to have a beta later tonight.
Sweet baby Jesus !!! Thanks Cliff !!

If anyone ever finds Aussies weird, remember that we were raised on things like that video.
Well suffice it to say, after having kids & watching hours upon hours of children’s programs as an adult, (both old & new) it certainly is quite an eye opening experience to say the least. There’s no question in my mind that there is a significant amount of this stuff that comes from the deepest depths of the mind that can only be reached through certain various ways.

Well suffice it to say, after having kids & watching hours upon hours of children’s programs as an adult, (both old & new) it certainly is quite an eye opening experience to say the least. There’s no question in my mind that there is a significant amount of this stuff that comes from the deepest depths of the mind that can only be reached through certain various ways.
Oh god! Pokémon 2000 was the longest hour and a half of my life!

The default has always been 10. It's a Fender. Fender's don't have master volumes.
@FractalAudio Cliff, I've been trying to tag you in another thread (af2 bugs). First of all, I feel sorry to bother with this, as I totally understand you're busy working full time on your priority (AF3), but since the AF2 is at the end of the ride, I just wanted to bring your attention to what I consider a "mistake" in the ac30tb model on the AF2 ares 1. I did several A/B comparisons with the AF3 model as well as my real amp, and I came to the conclusion that the AF2 model has about twice the amount of gain it should have. In fact, in order to make it sound like the af3 model (or the real amp), I have to set MV trim down to 0.5 or so.
I know you have to prioritize the AF3 (and I'm more than happy about that), but I just wanted to point that out in order to get a fully functional / authentic ac30tb model on the af2 final release - whenever that is! Thanks

I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent.

I just discovered that this can be sung and played like the song "Mannish Boy".

TA DA DA DA DA

"I've struggled modeling..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"The cathode follower for forever ..." (or: "the fo-fo-fo"...)​

TA DA DA DA DA

"Woke up in the middle of the night..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"Realized what I been doing wrong..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"Spent all day simulating..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"Spent all day coding..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"The results are ex-cellent..."​

TA DA DA DA DA

"I'm a man!"​

TA DA DA DA DA

"I'm a hoochie-coochie man!"

Or: think AC/DC and turn it into "A Whole Lotta Coding".

Back
Top Bottom