Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.03

It is possible, just don't load the beta versions of the firmware. Do what some folks already do;

WAIT FOR THE FINISHED VERSION, AND QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!
Maybe read the thread. This is NOT a beta release. This is an official release.

That being said, there are always bugs...

why isn't it possible to bring out a proper bug free version? I don't like being made a beta tester.

Why the hell are you loading freshly released versions, if reliability is so critical for you? Anybody with half a brain would know that bugs are inherent in all software, especially newly released. I don’t care if it’s listed as beta or not, don’t be update happy if you can’t deal with unintended consequences of at least a minor variety.

Nobody is making you update, stop being lazy and rollback if you need to.

Seeing as though most of the discussion is making a mountain out of a mole hill, here's my useless contribution, some people will always find something to complain about.

Cheers
Ant

I looked into this. In the earlier firmware I had to fudge some of the cathode follower values to get the measurements to agree. With the new cathode follower algorithm those fudged values result in too much compression. The original values I calculated now work with the new algorithm. So for the Recto models you should change the following:
Cathode Follower Compression: 74%
Cathode Follower Ratio: 0.35

I need to go through all the amp models and check the values. Once I'm done with that I'll release (yet another) firmware. The new firmware will automatically update the cathode follower values on existing presets.
So the problem that I shared a few nights ago was basically due to adding more drive, compression, (heavy wah), to an already over compressed algorithm causing a slight meltdown of the virtual preamp?

Sir I applaud your patience in being a tech genius having to deal with impatient picky folks like me.

From 1.13 to 4.03 in one night.... LoL!
Go see the FC user invite receive thread to read the comical story... LoL!

Expect nothing. Accept what you get. Test it before doing anything serious with it. If it doesn't suit your purpose, roll back. You should feel it a privilege to have so many updates over such a short period - all of them adding features or fixes.
All software has bugs. The fact that one has shown it'self in one of your use cases is a bummer, but report it, roll back, and you'll get a fix.

Pauly

And, BTW, I *do* expect every model to be tested thoroughly either in house or by the beta testers. We should expect no less.

I do tech support for medical software used by a government health care agency. (I'm the liaison between the lower support tiers and the development teams for 100+ applications.) I'd give my left nut to have development cycle times at my job like FAS provides to us here. In my work environment, even for a simple bug that the developers can literally fix in minutes, they aren't allowed to touch the code until months of estimations of effort, Change Review Boards and other various red tape has happened. I'd much rather get my Axe-Fx updates at the blindingly fast pace Cliff gives us than wait for enhancements and bug fixes at the speed of granite like I do at work. Kudos to Cliff and the team for the amazing service!

I picked the wrong week to have a USB problem and send my Axe III in for repairs. At this rate 5.0 will be out before i get it back on the 13th!

Thanks to Mark, Ian and Andrew for taking great care of my axe btw. Fantastic service.
Don’t feel bad. I am in Germany for three weeks. Chip and the AF3 had to stay home.

Back
Top Bottom