Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.03

The daily update begins to worry me. Something has changed and not for the better :(
The whole reason for updates is to add features, tweak and enhance. You don't have to update at all. However the trade off is you don't get new add ins, tweaks and features. Being in the technology business for decades, I always update and adjust, while other are still on much older firmware. If you're happy with a certain firmware, don't update.

bug-grouchy.pdf
Pesky little buggers!!

Nothing here gets a rush release, unless some issue is found early, or a new enhancement is included. Then a fix or update is released.
That is what I call the great support of a product.

You also have to
Look at response time to fix
He fixed the Legacy SLO
recto and Divided by 13 in less than 6 hours
A competitor not naming names
Would have taken a month or 2
Fas giving huge support for their products and end users IMO

Would it be better to wait until firmware is stable and released on the official download page of fractal where it is still at 3.02?

I think he means that FW 4.0 was a little rushed and released without the proper QA.
Sadly, I have to agree. It is great to get the epiphanies quickly, but in the past the beta cycle was longer and there were fewer rapid-response bug fix releases. Something to reflect on.

Beta releases are “use at your own risk”. Production releases shouldn’t be. I’m sure A veteran like Cliff knows this but excitement may have gotten the best of him. We’re all human so no hard feelings but hopefully a lesson re-learned.

Sadly, I have to agree. It is great to get the epiphanies quickly, but in the past the beta cycle was longer and there were fewer rapid-response bug fix releases. Something to reflect on.

Beta releases are “use at your own risk”. Production releases shouldn’t be. I’m sure A veteran like Cliff knows this but excitement may have gotten the best of him. We’re all human so no hard feelings but hopefully a lesson re-learned.
Nobody is forcing us to update

Back
Top Bottom