Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't figured anything out yet. 3.02 doesn't seem to do that in my headphones but when I made a USB recording of it there were still some glitches in the playback.

I know it probably been done but did you reset the amp block
The amps you are mentioning
Are the ones that were corrected

Also check Herbert ch 3 maybe
Same issue.

Does adding All the drives do this ??

I know it probably been done but did you reset the amp block
The amps you are mentioning
Are the ones that were corrected

Also check Herbert ch 3 maybe
Same issue.

Does adding All the drives do this ??
Reset everything. Herbert is not as bad. Skullcrusher is good.

Reset everything. Herbert is not as bad. Skullcrusher is good.
Reverting back to 3.02 fixes all those issues for me. It does seem to me that i have a usb recording bug too. Have USB set to input 2 and im getting a dry signal mixed in

Last edited:
It seems there is something abnormal with the Recto 2 red in 4.01. I typically run a tube screamer or 3 knob tube driver (low drive, high output) in front of the amp. Amp drive, base, and mids at 5, treble at 5.5. With this configuration (with multiple guitars), it sounds like a fuzz drive is in front of the amp, flubby and distorted. I encounter the same issues when I use the boost function in the preamp tab. I'd appreciate if someone attempts to replicate.

Where do you have the master volume? Anything past 2 or 3 on those amps starts to sound garbage IMO

Whew. I'm finally caught up with the current build, and on day one. That's never happened. Anyway, sounds great. If I had to describe it, sounds more alive.

Hi Guys newbie question here!!!
In many “FW update discussions” I heard someone of You talkin’ about “soft-reset of a block”. What does this mean and how I can do this?
Thank You all

I was able to replicate ToneRanger's issues on 4.01 using the Legato model. With a reset channel, it works but is pretty dark. I copied the video settings and could hear the limiting, kicked on the wah and it was cutting out as in the video. (I know its not "right," but i was enjoying playing with it set like that. It's got a certain "absolute meltdown" quality that I love.) It seems like too much highs cause it to cut out.

Perhaps coupled with the amp UI update, I've 'rediscovered' some amps I was initially interested in, but never quite made it. I think the Nuclear-tone gets me much closer to those small amp tones; there's an improvement in the distortion character that reminds me of why I like those amps (dirty and thick). My Badger 30 tones lost some of the midrange bark I had dialed in, with an increase grittiness in the trebles. It's seems to fit a different timbral role now. My problematic settings involve the Cornfed model: if I hit the amp (with reset channel settings) with a boost or a drive, the low-mids on down compress significantly. If I crank up both the Overdrive and Input Gain, I don't get the same compression. I'll toy with it more.

Aside from that, this seems to be one of those updates that requires some rethinking about and reprogramming existing patches. Previously, I had a few of these moments with an Ax8, so I think it's an aspect of using updatable technology. I went back and forth between this and 3.02, along with comparing patches tweaked in each firmware. I eventually hit the point where I could imagine myself using either, ultimately choosing between committing to 3.02 for the long haul, or adapting to 4's changes. (I do like the misbehaving Legato, so...)

Thank you, I got it.
However, If I delete all my custom presets (Having them stored in HD) and then re-upload them with the editor in the new FW, does this make improvements as soft-reset or not?

if you want more of that 2.05 high end, use one of the 'ideal' power amp tube types.

if it's still too dark change the input 1 impedance from auto to 1M or 1M+Cap. there's still high end available, these tubes just got...aged. :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:. Also lower the power tube grid bias, that adds a little more top.

if it's still too dark lower cathode follower harmonics, that adds a little bit of top too.

if it's still too dark lower speaker compression, that lets more top through as well.

A little bit of cab preamp treble adds a bit of top end.

A little more on the treble knob, a little more on the presence knob. A little less master volume.

The IR you were using is the same as when it sounded good, don't change that. It was cutting well like a Boss GT-6 to board cuts well...now it's breaking up like an amp with accurate top end and not cutting as well. Just need to probably lower the gain, lower the master, turn up the treble. High end is still available, it's just a little warmer.

Last edited:
As the ACs are one of the amps affected, will I need to tweak my AC30 presets or they'll sound the same?
Thanks
Was wondering the same. What parameter/s ideally need adjustrment to bring the tone back to 'something like' its prior tonality. To me, they sound cleaner and brighter, so more drive, and change to the EQ perhaps?

Ill try a reinstall. It's really muddy and unusable. with the wah, the high notes completely cut out.

It's really bad on the Spawns, Rectos, SLO.

I don't know what to say. I have no idea what you're trying to demonstrate here and there is no wah in that preset. You've also got something in your DAW set up wrong because you can hear the phasing.

I don't know what to say. I have no idea what you're trying to demonstrate here and there is no wah in that preset. You've also got something in your DAW set up wrong because you can hear the phasing.

Check out the second video I posted. I get it even starting a new preset with just amp and cab. I put an external wah on it but it still happens with the internal ones. I get what you are saying about the daw. I think it's summing to mono and even getting a dry signal in the recording even though I don't hear it while I'm recording it. When I record in Reaper I get weird phasing issue when I pan hard, even when the preset is mono.

My presets sound way off compared to other videos.

But everything is set to stereo. Running OBS software direct USB.

Check out the second video I posted. I get it even starting a new preset with just amp and cab. I put an external wah on it but it still happens with the internal ones. I get what you are saying about the daw. I think it's summing to mono and even getting a dry signal in the recording even though I don't hear it while I'm recording it. When I record in Reaper I get weird phasing issue when I pan hard, even when the preset is mono.

My presets sound way off compared to other videos.

But everything is set to stereo. Running OBS software direct USB.
Please post the preset. Can't help you if you don't post the preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom