Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last update made some of my presets sound really bad,the presets i have with bogner blue sounded really bad.

This firmware sounds really good. Thanks for the remarkable improvement!

I may have found a minor issue. In AustinBuddy's 'Marshall JCM 800' preset, the scenes for 'Brit 800 Mod' model sound really bizarre...sort of like they're bitcrushed. The mangled sound goes away if you bypass the amp block, thus narrowing it down to that block. A reset of the amp block doesn't fix the problem. The scenes in the preset which use different amp models sound fine. I can't post the preset since it's commercial.

that happen to me,try to re install the preset.

Good idea, but it doesn't help. I tried reloading the preset twice. First to the same spot, and then to an empty preset. Both attempts did not fix the problem.

If I just drop an input, amp, cab, and output....no problem. I'm stumped.

Came home after a long day of work to a new FC-12 and new FW. FAS - better than the leading anti-depressant in clinical trials. Side effects may include mania, temporary loss of the ability to describe things verbally, loss of fine motor control after release of new firmware or plugging in new equipment, decreased appetite, repetitive riffing and of course priapism.

I was just playing with the Marshall Silver from 4b and was having a great time. I agree that the modelling has taken a great leap forward. So easy to get delicious crunch. Officially a fanboi.

This firmware sounds really good. Thanks for the remarkable improvement!

I may have found a minor issue. In AustinBuddy's 'Marshall JCM 800' preset, the scenes for 'Brit 800 Mod' model sound really bizarre...sort of like they're bitcrushed. The mangled sound goes away if you bypass the amp block, thus narrowing it down to that block. A reset of the amp block doesn't fix the problem. The scenes in the preset which use different amp models sound fine. I can't post the preset since it's commercial.
I have just confirmed this behavior on that preset..................no idea what’s up..... @austinbuddy , can you have a look?
.......edit...the amp itself sounds fine used in a fresh preset, but cannot be corrected within
the AB preset.....

Last edited:
Thanks again for the continuous improvement.

I am noticing quite a bit more bass than 4.0b...at least on the Bludojai Lead for the same BMT settings. I'm having to raise the low cut.

where is the FAS tip jar for real, this is undeserved gifts of tone, I am not worthy of this level of tonal perfection...how do you keep the lights on working your tail off and only asking people to pay for it once?? The sonic evolution from when I turned it on in December to installing FW 4.00 beta is like the improvement jump from a POD bean 1.0 to a Helix...

I'm such a dumb-ass at times. I hooked up my real AC-20 and did an A/B test with the model. I had to lower the input trim to about 0.6 to match the amp and the bass response was different. Was thinking "oh, oh, I screwed something up". Then I realized the amp was set to 12AX7 and I was using the EF86 model.

I'm such a dumb-ass at times. I hooked up my real AC-20 and did an A/B test with the model. I had to lower the input trim to about 0.6 to match the amp and the bass response was different. Was thinking "oh, oh, I screwed something up". Then I realized the amp was set to 12AX7 and I was using the EF86 model.

Proof you need to drink caffeinated coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom