Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fantastic Cliff, thank you sir.

In all fairness I don’t think there is a setting in this Recto2 Red Modern amp that I haven’t fiddled with trying to recreate the nightmare that is Blackstar HT100 MKII. Just trying to get a close representation to it that works in our mix.
Why are you using a Recto for something that has Marshall origins?

Blackstar doesn’t really say what amp it’s supposed to sound like with that ISF control. Sweep it one way for British and the other way for USA tone. He runs it on the USA setting.

Blackstar doesn’t really say what amp it’s supposed to sound like with that ISF control. Sweep it one way for British and the other way for USA tone. He runs it on the USA setting.
Who is "he"? And what are you trying to accomplish?

in my experience with blackstar amps, the ISF goes from wider (british) to more focused (USA). but it still sounds more like a Marshall tone to me even full USA, and definitely not like a Rectifier. i was lucky enough to own a dual rec, a stiletto and a roadster over the years. my friends always used Blackstars and i sold tons of them when i managed a music store here. i would never try to get a Recto tone out of the Blackstar amps.

instead i'd try the BRIT JVM, either Orange or Red channel. it might be exactly what you're looking for.

in my experience with blackstar amps, the ISF goes from wider (british) to more focused (USA). but it still sounds more like a Marshall tone to me even full USA, and definitely not like a Rectifier. i was lucky enough to own a dual rec, a stiletto and a roadster over the years. my friends always used Blackstars and i sold tons of them when i managed a music store here. i would never try to get a Recto tone out of the Blackstar amps.

instead i'd try the BRIT JVM, either Orange or Red channel. it might be exactly what you're looking for.
Have you tried or heard one of the new MKII models? This guy I’m in a group with had the first version HT100. Started to developer a half power issue every time we played. His wife has MS and in general the dude is strapped for cash. So taking one for the team I bought the MKII model for him to use, shot myself in the foot with that one.

To be honest I don’t want my rig to sound exactly like the other guy’s but I do want to be in the same ballpark. With the two complimenting each other. After many months of tweaking I’m at a place where that is working pretty good.

Have you tried or heard one of the new MKII models? This guy I’m in a group with had the first version HT100. Started to developer a half power issue every time we played. His wife has MS and in general the dude is strapped for cash. So taking one for the team I bought the MKII model for him to use, shot myself in the foot with that one.
are you saying the MKII model sounds very different than the Mark I?

The Blackstar witnout question is
A Marshall type amp
The designers are actually from Marshall they were the guys that brought you the JMP1 preamp

The ISF really is nothing else than
A mid voice as Chris says it boosts mids or scoops them in turn boosting lows and highs

So a Jmp 1 with an Eq scooping the mids a bit and boost low and high would be a grear starting point IMO

The super crunch is basically same
Sound w a tiubescreamer OD in front

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom