Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/4p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_4p01.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Fixed triode modeling algorithm for amp models with “cold clipping” stages, i.e. Recto, SLO, etc.

Improved Amp block preamp tube modeling.

Improved Amp block cathode follower grid modeling.

Improved power amp modeling for “Class-A” type amp models.

Added modifier capability to Decay Time, Level 1-8 and Pan 1-8 controls in Plex Delay block.

Added Presence Shift control to Amp block Tone page for the appropriate models when using Authentic controls.

Added SV Bass 1 amp model. This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05. The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2.

Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh circle.

Reworked PI Fuzz model based on older “Triangle” version reference. A soft-reset of the model is required to load the new parameter values. Note that duplicating the behavior of a fuzz pedal requires that the pedal be the first non-bypassed block following the Input 1 block and the input block impedance must be set to Auto since fuzz pedals load down the guitar’s pickups.

Added “Unlink All Blocks From Global” function to Layout->Tools menu. This unlinks all blocks from any global blocks to which they may be linked.

Expanded the names of the “USA” models to more clearly indicate the switch settings.

Fixed Tone page for Plexi 100W 1970 not showing Normal Drive control.

Fixed incorrect capacitor value and wrong default Low Cut value in BB Pre Drive model.

Fixed wrong default Low Cut value in Eternal Love and Esoteric ACB Drive models.

Fixed Output EQ in Amp block not being redrawn when changing channels and number of bands is different.

Fixed wrong triode plate frequency in Herbie CH3 model.

Fixed wrong mid and treble tapers in all Herbie models. Existing presets should be auditioned.

Nice, I was just working with the SLO100 and D/L some Soldano Eminence loaded IR’s last night. We don’t really have a whole lot of those, great sounding speaker too.
I threw the Herbie in with the SLO patch on one of the channels & it’s something to behold. Like a sledgehammer.

wow, I just installed this fw, loaded my ac30 template in authentic mode, A/B'd with my real amp (a clip I recorded using the same mic / position that I use for my main ir) and just wow. This is the most impressive fw ever. 99% there, the only difference is in the center frequency of the cut knob (the real amp gets brighter with cut at 0 and not as dark with cut at max), but overall, again, WOW. And I haven't even scratched the surface, but for me this is already more than I could ask for!

wow, I just installed this fw, loaded my ac30 template in authentic mode, A/B'd with my real amp (a clip I recorded using the same mic / position that I use for my main ir) and just wow. This is the most impressive fw ever. 99% there, the only difference is in the center frequency of the cut knob (the real amp gets brighter with cut at 0 and not as dark with cut at max), but overall, again, WOW. And I haven't even scratched the surface, but for me this is already more than I could ask for!

You do realize now you have said that he is likely looking at the hi cut parameter

Reactions: edo
And here I thought I was being patient and waiting for the final release of 4.0!:D

I'll try to wait until the next one, I'm not using these type amps a lot at the moment so I think I can wait.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Finally got to play with Skull Crusher.
It sure covers a ton of ground. I dialed the gain back to around 3 , and using my guitar volume , I could use that amp to play just about EVERYTHING........hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha !

No, his amp is simply different than ours.

That’s what I thought, but I had to hear from you! Speaking of that amp, I noticed that preamp bias now defaults to -0.190 as opposed to -0.030 like it does in the af2. Could this be the reason why the af2 ac30tb is still crunchier than the af3, which is pretty much identical to the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom