Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Plexi models are just NASTY now. I love how the 2204 compresses when you smack it hard. Crank the Master and edge up the Input Drive and you've got that British muscle all day long. For those with the YA Checkmate M25 Cab Pack, try it out with M25-2 57 2B and blend in M25-2 121 A2 at -5 dB. Cliff is nailing the edge of breakup and mid gain tones with this FW.

And the Plexi models are just NASTY now. I love how the 2204 compresses when you smack it hard. Crank the Master and edge up the Input Drive and you've got that British muscle all day long. For those with the YA Checkmate M25 Cab Pack, try it out with M25-2 57 2B and blend in M25-2 121 A2 at -5 dB. Cliff is nailing the edge of breakup and mid gain tones with this FW.

Ok reading the manual this week and listening to your 3 clips (this one, the vox and the deluxe one) really convinced me to buy a AFX3

I'm not good at dialing in some of these Class A models, which are used extensively in Praise and Worship presets nowadays so I had been messing with some tones in firmware 3x. I wasn't getting anywhere. I updated to 4 a couple days ago and brought up my same Matchless patch...unless I am experiencing some placebo thing, the feel and sound really changed for the better. I'm happy I switched sides on modelers. For a person that is excited for change, the fractal platform with constant updates is really satisfying lol.
They do seem to sound better, more responsive. However, there are a few parameters in the Dynamics page that have helped me dial in these tones.
Dynamic Presence - @ 1.5
Dynamic Depth - @ 3.5
Input Dynamics - @ 3.0
Harmonics - @ .500

I've also found keeping the Output Comp off helps with the looseness of edge-of-breakup tones.

They do seem to sound better, more responsive. However, there are a few parameters in the Dynamics page that have helped me dial in these tones.
Dynamic Presence - @ 1.5
Dynamic Depth - @ 3.5
Input Dynamics - @ 3.0
Harmonics - @ .500

I've also found keeping the Output Comp off helps with the looseness of edge-of-breakup tones.
Great thank you!

Wow that's KILLER!

i don't usually say this, but holy shit!

Zowie! That is glorious.

Unbeleivable -
Don't know what to say.
How do you maintain your motivation?
May I have a Kilo of whatever you are on?
What sort of coffee do you drink, and how many litres per day?

Thanks Cliff & Team - Love your work.
Pauly

[EDIT] Link removed due to mistake in Recto models. New firmware will be up shortly [/EDIT]

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Amp block preamp tube modeling.

Improved Amp block cathode follower grid modeling.

Improved power amp modeling for “Class-A” type amp models.

Added modifier capability to Decay Time, Level 1-8 and Pan 1-8 controls in Plex Delay block.

Added Presence Shift control to Amp block Tone page for the appropriate models when using Authentic controls.

Added SV Bass 1 amp model. This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05. The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2.

Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh circle.

Reworked PI Fuzz model based on older “Triangle” version reference. A soft-reset of the model is required to load the new parameter values. Note that duplicating the behavior of a fuzz pedal requires that the pedal be the first non-bypassed block following the Input 1 block and the input block impedance must be set to Auto since fuzz pedals load down the guitar’s pickups.

Added “Unlink All Blocks From Global” function to Layout->Tools menu. This unlinks all blocks from any global blocks to which they may be linked.

Expanded the names of the “USA” models to more accurately indicate the switch settings.

Fixed Tone page for Plexi 100W 1970 not showing Normal Drive control.

Fixed incorrect capacitor value and wrong default Low Cut value in BB Pre Drive model.

Fixed wrong default Low Cut value in Eternal Love and Esoteric ACB Drive models.

Fixed Output EQ in Amp block not being redrawn when changing channels and number of bands is different.

Fixed wrong triode plate frequency in Herbie CH3 model.

Fixed wrong mid and treble tapers in all Herbie models. Existing presets should be auditioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom