Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. In case my edit doesn’t prompt a notification for you, check out Leon Todd’s video on the Skullcrusher and use his preset if you’re looking for a starting point. There some discussion on this model in the beta thread.

Cliff said he likes Factory 2, Cab 352 on this model and someone else posted a couple GEQ moves they found to be helpful. @REDD posted some modifications he employs to make the amp tighter and less fizzy. That should all be helpful.

Thank you for your time and help brother!

And what guitar/pickups? Wlthat clip makes me drool and being even more anxious to get the 3. Saving my pennies for it. And for some reason struming chords is the way that make me love or hate a tone not the leads.
That was my Bilt Volare with Lollar Imperials. I’m the same way. Lead work is nice, but when you hear an open G with a solid tone, it’s so satisfying and inspiring.

Thanks Cliff! I'll be loading this bad boy up as soon as my two gigs are over this weekend. I can see some good applications for the upgraded Class-A models in our setlist.

That was my Bilt Volare with Lollar Imperials. I’m the same way. Lead work is nice, but when you hear an open G with a solid tone, it’s so satisfying and inspiring.
The first thing I did when testing these newly Extraordinary Class As ..my Beatles medley in G (hide your love away, I should have known better, etc.) .........absolutely transporting (using my Tom Anderson T-style,of course)

Last edited:
Added FAS Skull Crusher amp model. The nastiest, most brutal amp model to ever escape from the seventh circle.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, how do the AFX2 owners get some of this love?

I posted in this thread already , but neglected to say Thank You for the update.
Single notes , responsiveness , clarity , and feel - just keep getting better.
The finer the instrument and FRFR being used , the more one can appreciate just how fantastic the III is currently sounding.
Thank you.

Just loaded it up before the rehearse and gavr it a try. Cleans got even better, fantastic. But my class A amps are way off and need some reaudition (turn gain way up, how much?), so I go back for the rehearse to the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom