Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thanks Cliff! So many goodies in this update, I can't wait to get home tonight!

Added “Unlink All Blocks From Global” function to Layout->Tools menu. This unlinks all blocks from any global blocks to which they may be linked.

Question please, does this apply to the current preset you are on (i.e. not all presets using the same global blocks)? It probably does but just curious until I get home to play with it.

Please forgive my noobidity, but after updating the firmware I do not have the FAS Skullcrusher preset. Any ideas would be appreciated.....

I'm not good at dialing in some of these Class A models, which are used extensively in Praise and Worship presets nowadays so I had been messing with some tones in firmware 3x. I wasn't getting anywhere. I updated to 4 a couple days ago and brought up my same Matchless patch...unless I am experiencing some placebo thing, the feel and sound really changed for the better. I'm happy I switched sides on modelers. For a person that is excited for change, the fractal platform with constant updates is really satisfying lol.

It’s the Class-A 30W TB with a soon to be released cab. I just set the knobs like my Vox...and it sounds just like my Vox.

And what guitar/pickups? Wlthat clip makes me drool and being even more anxious to get the 3. Saving my pennies for it. And for some reason struming chords is the way that make me love or hate a tone not the leads.

Gotcha....thanks!
No worries. In case my edit doesn’t prompt a notification for you, check out Leon Todd’s video on the Skullcrusher and use his preset if you’re looking for a starting point. There some discussion on this model in the beta thread.

Cliff said he likes Factory 2, Cab 352 on this model and someone else posted a couple GEQ moves they found to be helpful. @REDD posted some modifications he employs to make the amp tighter and less fizzy. That should all be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom