Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played an Anderson Drop Top a few years ago and still think about it every now and then. The only way I can describe it would be "mathematically perfect." Perfect setup, perfect resonance, every single note on the neck was perfect and sustained way longer than you'd think a guitar note could naturally sustain. It was so good it felt almost alien. The one I played had a switcheroo system as well, which was super versatile.

Drop Tops are pretty much the platonic ideal of a super strat. Hell of a guitar.

Of course now I have to find one to try :)

I played an Anderson Drop Top a few years ago and still think about it every now and then. The only way I can describe it would be "mathematically perfect." Perfect setup, perfect resonance, every single note on the neck was perfect and sustained way longer than you'd think a guitar note could naturally sustain. It was so good it felt almost alien. The one I played had a switcheroo system as well, which was super versatile.

Drop Tops are pretty much the platonic ideal of a super strat. Hell of a guitar.
I have to agree with this 100%. I tried one over @ Gelb music about 10 years ago. It was a drop top, pick guard and a bound body in blue stain. Quite possibly the best guitar I have ever had in my hands but, the price was so out of touch, even back then. I felt like my playing level didn't justify me having an instrument like that.

Is anyone else flipping out over the Plexi models? There’s a bloom and complexity to the overdrive that feels insane.

I used to love them in default settings ...but recently after one of the latest firmware , lost the love for them...they don't sound good anymore....at all....:(

On the other hand : FAS SKULL is a KILLER !!!!!

26197874_10154883312137245_7423725593419269034_o.jpg

Proud Tom Anderson user here. Here's my custom made Angel

If you guys get/have an FC foot controller now, then you can create a custom layout page for just AMP BLOCK.

You get up to six CS controls you can use for it (plus more options if you use the four external switches). So you can setup tap/hold FC footswitches to change several amp block parameters across any A to D channel (like many real amp foot controllers allow, like a Bogner Ecstasy, or amp front panels) -- only limit is you can only use six CS switches for now (and maybe 4 external switches if you add those):

-Boost Amp Input Trim (such as preset amount for single coils to compensate),

-Fat Switch on/off, useful on lots of amps like Mesa Boogies and Freidmans

-Saturate on/off (use Ideal one, so no volume loss),

+db Amp Boost of/off (you pick the type), like Bogners and some Diezels I think

-turn Amp GEQ On/off,

- turn on/off a boost on the ARES Input EQ, -- the Cooper Carter trick of boosting at 1K 2-3db going into the amp

-turn bright switch on/off, (often useful for Fenders and other amps)

-turn compression on/off (preset your desired amount/values)

-Turn true Amp Tremolo (depth) on/off

You can also set up foot switches dedicated to raise or lower Amp1 (or Amp2) Level by +1/-1 or +2/-2 db and save -- so you can level while playing at stage volume with your feet, watching the VU meters on the unit.

This, combined with the front unit knobs you can turn for BMT/P and drive, means you can do a lot of tweaking or shaping without using Axe-III Edit now...

I'm super excited about integrating this kind of control/flexibility into future naked amp presets and trying options out for tonal impacts...this latest firmware is killer, and I love that the FC stuff is based in the Axe-Fx III itself and fully programmable directly from Axe-III editor or Axe-Fx III rather than floor hardware -- it really is a dream come true!

Last edited:
I had another epiphany this morning. Just coded it and it sounds even better, LOL.

You spilled the beans. Now I’m looking for Beta 4. ? Lol. I had to come back to this. Every since you said it , it’s been on my mind.
My III sounds amazing.- as -Is WOOHOO. TAKE YOUR TIME.

All. Let's stick to FW? I know we had a major derail from the CIC, but let's at least make a token effort to stick OT.

That's a tall order lol I mean no disrespect , but when THE MAN says he's getting a new guitar ( and it's a f'n beauty ) you HAVE to take notice. OK , back to FW. - sorry.

Finally had a little time to install the new beta Firmware and play around with Skull Crusher. I was also programming my FC6, and it didn't arrive until 8PM, so that cut into the playing time a lot.

First off, yes, Skull Crusher! The name says it all. I dialed in a preset that just sounds tight, thunderous, and crushing on the rhythm channel, and thick and evil sounding for the lead. Sustain so long you could go have a bite... This is my favorite of the high gain, crushing sounds in this thing now, and I can't wait to get into a situation where I can use it. I'm playing in a band that doesn't do much of that stuff, but hoping to get another project with a friend of mine in another town to do some more Skull Crushing music that scares the normal people once the weather here clears up a bit and I can get over the mountain to practice once a month or so. I have not gotten past that and getting the start on programming the FC6, so I have a lot to explore tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to playing around with the updated Fuzz as well. I can get away with playing a little fuzz in the band I have here in town, so I'll be trying that tomorrow first thing after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom