Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the plunge.

Caveat I don’t like the praise threads normally

But good grief! I’ve just spent 2 hours playing the Deluxe normal, spring reverb,YA IR and sometimes the King of Tone. 2 hours! Flew by

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better, it does.

I honestly think this, the Plexis (as above what just happened?) and the Silver preset 7 from Mika - everything covered.

And Axe edit is working superbly ,over the UI changes to the cab and amp controls

The silver is insane
W tube screamer kickin the front
From Cult sonic temple to Zakk wylde just great sounds

I had another epiphany this morning. Just coded it and it sounds even better, LOL.
Dude, which coffee brand are you using? I must know.

I've been starting to wonder if we're reached the point where "improved realism" makes the models sound worse. Not feeling like it yet. Six years ago FAS modeled amps sounded realistic and great already :p

No piezo. If you're talking about the Tele, that's an old Roland GK2A guitar synth pickup/system.

Yeah, this is my favorite firmware of all time. I was going to work on porting it to the Axe-Fx II but ended up just playing most of the day. So happy with it that I bought a new guitar. I've always wanted an Anderson so I bought this:

rtpnwxfkd6kwa2yhx2da.jpg
Damn that's a nice Andy!!!

My drop top is the best playing/sounding guitar in my inventory (of over 30 axes).
Tom knows how to do it just right.

Looks like you got a good one!

I played an Anderson at an amp show years ago and was blown away by the tone and playability.
Andersons have become my favorite Strat style guitars. Great build quality, playability & tone! I also agree this is my favorite firmware to date as well. I love the nice pop & full body of the notes on the high E string. Not at all thin or plinky. This is especially evident on the clean and light break up Fender models. Looking forward to the next epiphany!

I've been starting to wonder if we're reached the point where "improved realism" makes the models sound worse. Not feeling like it yet. Six years ago FAS modeled amps sounded realistic and great already :p

Lol i swear it like a live action broadcast real time

Here what we know

More low end tighter punchier
Fixed fuzz
Added controls to mesa mk
Killer amp Skull crusher

But this update is still developing as we speak
Back to you Bob

My initial thoughts (and I need to spend a lot more time) is that all my patches sound darker. I'm not sure if the Treble control was reset or not; when I went to the usual patches I use it was back at 12:00. I had another patch where Presence was all the way off on an amp that definitely needs it. I'm wondering if perhaps the UX change might have influenced some knob settings?

The brightness came back after moving the controls to where I would usually set them. Will need to do some more experimenting to tell other changes.

I did try Skull Crusher for a few minutes and my first impression is it's like a Friedman BE, 5150, and Dual Recto all had an orgy and one of them popped out the Skull Crusher as its illegitimate child.

Death Wish☠Skull Crusher

Ola Englund says he can always tell if its a real amp or not. With all these improvements I wonder if Cliff could fool him?

I played an Anderson Drop Top a few years ago and still think about it every now and then. The only way I can describe it would be "mathematically perfect." Perfect setup, perfect resonance, every single note on the neck was perfect and sustained way longer than you'd think a guitar note could naturally sustain. It was so good it felt almost alien. The one I played had a switcheroo system as well, which was super versatile.

Drop Tops are pretty much the platonic ideal of a super strat. Hell of a guitar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom