Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Why are such models, like "USA Lead" and "USA Lead Brt" separated?
Why doesn't the Bright switch on the amp block work in this case, that it needs a whole new Amp model?

Anyway, Ideally, as much as having 260+ amp models is a selling point, a smaller list would be easier to navigate and understand, i believe. Most of items in the list are slight variations , or different channels of an amp. The list would shorten a lot if all these original switches were placed in the models themselves, and the channels and variations would be a submenu.

History. The way it is now, is how FAS has always been modelling the amps. The visible amp model's digital template provides a fixed number of adjustable controls. The visible template basically is the same for every amp. There are hardly any amp-specific controls in the template.

So, when differences between a real amp's settings can't be replicated through the provided controls, different models are required. That why there's a Euro Blue and a Euro Blue Modern model: because the template has no "Modern" control.

You can argue that there *should* be such amp-specific controls. We would then have a single Euro Blue model, that we can switch between Vintage and Modern. Certainly desirable, but my guess is that is a challenge to program, steers away from the original design path, and it would pose challenges regarding the UI.

tl;dr, it's fine and understandable as it is.

You know what would be nice/helpful and save on cpu if & when the extra amp block(s) are added is if the Cab Block could accept internal routing somehow. Seeing as how one Cab Block can have up to four individual cabs running at the same time, it’d be cool and help on cpu if you could run Amp 1 to Cab A&B and Amp 2 to Cab C&D or run Amps 1-4 to Cabs A-D individually respectively.

You can argue that there *should* be such amp-specific controls. We would then have a single Euro Blue model, that we can switch between Vintage and Modern. Certainly desirable, but my guess is that is a challenge to program, steers away from the original design path, and it would pose challenges regarding the UI.

It doesn't have to be component level if that's dificult.
Basically, under the hood, the amp list would stay the same, but some amp models would be only reachable through other amp models.
So, for example, if you switch the bright switch on the USA Lead, it would load the whole other amp model - USA Lead Brt.

Now that we have the "Authentic" Settings, I have a question about the controls. For example, when dialing in the Fender 6,2,3,6 settings, are the control ranges accurate like the real amp? (ex. real '57 controls are from 1-12) Thanks.

Now that we have the "Authentic" Settings, I have a question about the controls. For example, when dialing in the Fender 6,2,3,6 settings, are the control ranges accurate like the real amp? (ex. real '57 controls are from 1-12) Thanks.
Huh? The controls go from 0-10. Obviously if the amp goes from 1-12 then 12 on the amp is 10 on the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom