Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris I got a free amp and cab from carvin and I also got the tc electronic g system signed by korn for free
Things in life do come for free
And if I give something for free to someone they don’t have to live the rest of there life on there knees because of it

Who is asking anybody to live the rest of their lives on their knees?

What difference should it make to anyone else what you got “for free”?

And, anything given away “for free” represents a profit made from other people who paid for products made by that company, such that they could afford to give away something to someone else.

Nothing in life is free except breathing the atmosphere. No profit = bankrupt = no goods or services exist. No one gets out of bed in the morning to work for free. I scrapped my refrigerator sized rack full of custom gear after I tried the Axe 2, hallelujah. And I thank god regularly that I live in a country where highly intelligent, dedicated people can make a profit creating amazing, truly innovative products like the Axe. I run a business that has to have enough customers to make enough money to pay my workers and suppliers, or it goes out of business. There is no other way, except the brute force that killed 100+ million people last century in the hideous utopian experiment known as collectivism/communism.

Only children believe in free stuff.

Last edited:
I feel that you paid for the unit as is when you buy it. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

We have been very fortunate customers to get continued updates, so frequent and so long.

Chris I got a free amp and cab from carvin and I also got the tc electronic g system signed by korn for free
Seems like an accord.

It didn't come with any kind of coupon that said "coupon good for 3 years of free software updates". I paid for a box of hardware with cutting edge DSP and AD/DA with a 3 year warranty, loaded with the latest modelling software. Nobody, n o b o d y provides endless software updates at no extra charge. Except FAS.

And the continued updates aren’t trivial - they always always always are game changers.

Customer for life and it’s the only company I regularly will buy from sight unseen.

The treble knob on the PI Fuzz does not work right. Almost doesn't work at all. Could someone check to see if this is a bug?

Everything else I've tried so far with the new firmware sounds good. Great job!

Nothing in life is free except breathing the atmosphere.

If the Lakers win a game and keep the opponents under 100 points every attendee gets two free tacos from taco bell. Every year Chick Filet has one day where if you wear a cow costume to the store you get a free meal. I myself put in several weeks of free time to help produce the two Axe Fests in LA. Don't volunteers in many industries work for free?

I could go on for hours disproving your post with hundreds of examples. Many companies offer free stuff to potential customers as a form of advertising.

...and how about that firmware 3.02. What an update!!! Loving it. ;)

I will be honest
I wasn’t a drive guy I used the boost in amp block to tighten up the hi gain but that was about it

But the new Tubescreamer alone
Man that thing kills on the mid gain amps especially marshalls
800 , Brit silver, BE, DS
It just makes it angry and sustain for days

Its does something you just cannot get the Higain to do it allows the amp to breathe and have this huge punch

I remember talking with a bulilder about this once the difference between a 3 gain stage crunch vs
The 4 or 5 stage modern hi gain

And his comments were hi gain is great it will give you sustain
For days but
You will give up that dynamic feel somewhat as the cmpression goes up so it will be a compromise

When playing just a Brit Silver boosted and switching between
Something like an Uber or Recto
I think i get it now

The treble knob on the PI Fuzz does not work right. Almost doesn't work at all. Could someone check to see if this is a bug?

Everything else I've tried so far with the new firmware sounds good. Great job!
There is no treble knob on the real pedal. Regardless the treble control works normally here.

If the Lakers win a game and keep the opponents under 100 points every attendee gets two free tacos from taco bell. Every year Chick Filet has one day where if you wear a cow costume to the store you get a free meal. I myself put in several weeks of free time to help produce the two Axe Fests in LA. Don't volunteers in many industries work for free?

I could go on for hours disproving your post with hundreds of examples. Many companies offer free stuff to potential customers as a form of advertising.

See previous comment about how you have to make the money/profit/product from other consumers first, before giving any of it or your services away.

Volunteers have to feed, clothe and shelter themselves, presumably with money they made as profit from their labor/jobs, before signing up to volunteer. Unless you are a monk or nun, in which case all your expenses are paid...by people who made enough money to donate to the religious institution. No profits = no charity.

There is no free lunch, economics is the study of incentive and disincentive. It’s principles are as unchanging as human nature and plain as the nose on one’s face. Trying to bend or ignore these basic principles gets people killed and ruins whole societies. I wouldn’t have piped up, but this naive belief in free stuff needs to be stopped dead in it’s tracks every time. Venezuela.

Yes, 3.02 is great, the drive blocks are more useful to me now.

Last edited:

I think we are really getting off topic here.

Back to topic, this latest firmware has some really nice enhancements. And I like the fact that AXE Edit has Authentic and Ideal tabs in the amp block. I usually use it in the studio, when tweaking, and the front panel of the AXE when using on stage, for the simple adjustments, if needed.

Last edited:
I think we are really getting off topic here.

Back to topic, this latest firmware has some really nice enhancements. And I like the fact that AXE Edit has Authentic and Ideal tabs in the amp block. I usually use it in the studio, when tweaking, and the front panel of the AXE when using on stage, for the simple adjustments, if needed.

Good idea about using authentic on stage for small adjustments. Axe edit with a MacBook is still my security blanket on stage, I always feel better being able to see the whole blown up signal path when troubleshooting...

Last edited:
And if I give something for free to someone they don’t have to live the rest of there life on there knees because of it
I keep asking for my free Carvin amp. They never seems to answer me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom