Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for the outstanding work you all are doing at Fractal!
Just a minor thing: For the sake of authenticity you might want to consider adding the presence shift switch of the Mark IV models also to their tone page because it's a front panel switch of the real amps.

Deeper modelling. FAS virtual speaker cabinets. Amp power section and IR speaker impedance curve integration. More drives/amps/preamps. Slow and steady migration to the native plugin environment, first with drive/mod/filters, then amps. I can't wait. I honestly wish FAS had a tip jar, not that they need it. But I feel bad buying it once and getting 5+ years of cutting edge updates for FREE.
You paid for the updates when you bought it

I have no idea why that name was chosen.

Both real products are Ibanez Tube Screamer and from what I am aware not really much different.

But I've never played through a real TS808...

I just found this article which has some good info:

https://www.proaudioland.com/news/differences-between-the-ibanez-ts808-ts9-and-ts9dx/

I hear the one to have is the original vintage TS808 from the 80's. That would be the one to model. I guess the circuitry changed over the model number changes and most like the original.

I feel that you paid for the unit as is when you buy it. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

We have been very fortunate customers to get continued updates, so frequent and so long.
Chris I got a free amp and cab from carvin and I also got the tc electronic g system signed by korn for free
Things in life do come for free
And if I give something for free to someone they don’t have to live the rest of there life on there knees because of it

Chris I got a free amp and cab from carvin and I also got the tc electronic g system signed by korn for free
Things in life do come for free
And if I give something for free to someone they don’t have to live the rest of there life on there knees because of it
That has literally nothing to do with what I said or the topic at hand.

I feel that you paid for the unit as is when you buy it. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

We have been very fortunate customers to get continued updates, so frequent and so long.

no support for the fc’s...updates were needed and promised by Clif.

no support for the fc’s...updates were needed and promised by Clif.
That’s a short term thing. I’m talking about long term. I still say if you buy something for its features today, then everything else is extra.

In fact, many people DO buy the Axe and immediately put it to professional use, meaning no updates until that gig is completely over. I know people still on FW 6 of the Axe2 and it works great. No Scenes, old modeling, etc.

Last edited:
i didnt mean to start anything...just that some of us bought the 3 early knowing it would evolve and that fractal advertises free firmware updates...oh and the fcs were not yet released

i didnt mean to start anything...just that some of us bought the 3 early knowing it would evolve and that fractal advertises free firmware updates...oh and the fcs were not yet released
Thanks for clarifying... I honestly just didn't know what the context was.

That’s a short term thing. I’m talking about long term.

Then what does this mean?

Future-Proof Technology
Fractal Audio set a new precedent for the industry with the philosophy of free updates. Historically most companies have been content with one or two firmware updates over the life of a product (usually to fix bugs), or even charging a fee for updates. At Fractal Audio we believe a digital audio processor is a platform that grows as our knowledge and expertise grows. Just as personal computers receive frequent updates to improve performance and add features, we steadily release firmware updates to improve the capabilities of our products.

Then what does this mean?

Future-Proof Technology
Fractal Audio set a new precedent for the industry with the philosophy of free updates. Historically most companies have been content with one or two firmware updates over the life of a product (usually to fix bugs), or even charging a fee for updates. At Fractal Audio we believe a digital audio processor is a platform that grows as our knowledge and expertise grows. Just as personal computers receive frequent updates to improve performance and add features, we steadily release firmware updates to improve the capabilities of our products.
Yup. It’s true. We are truly fortunate customers.

I still buy something for its current features because the future is finite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom