Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PI fuzz sounds terrible no matter how you tweak it. Unusable. Nothing at all like a Big Muff. I checked it against my vintage Big Muff and against the PI Fuzz in the Axe FXII which sounds pretty good.

I’ve got about 10 Muffs from Stomp Under Foot and Skreddy. They all sound different with maybe 2 standing out as being above the rest. I think the ones I like are 72 Triangle and 74ish Ramshead. I don’t care for the NYC. Even amongst the real pedals I’d say you might only like 1 outta 10 you tried. In general I’m thinking 3.02 sounds as good as ever but I’ll check the pi fuzz out. I’ve never found a modelled muff I bonded with. I substitute a high gain amp model to similate it.

Nonsense. The T808 sounds exactly like our reference pedal now. Before, not so much.
Well it could be that I previously adjusted it to the sound I liked and got real used to it with my amp choice. But now using the same T808 drive, set to default, in front of my amp block, adds a tinniness to the tone, allowing more highs than mids to boost. So I fired up my vintage 80s TS808 Tube Screamer and it sounds nothing like the new T808 drive the way it is default set now. So it is interesting to say the least.

On another note, when refreshing the amp block with the same amp model, did the tones always change from the saved settings? I'm using a solo 100 rhythm that was set to 3.5 bass, 6 mid, 5 treble. If I decide to sample some amps and then go back to my saved amp, it changes the bass, mid and treble to 5. I never really noticed before.

On another note, when refreshing the amp block with the same amp model, did the tones always change from the saved settings? I'm using a solo 100 rhythm that was set to 3.5 bass, 6 mid, 5 treble. If I decide to sample some amps and then go back to my saved amp, it changes the bass, mid and treble to 5. I never really noticed before.
This is covered in the release notes: "Also, when set to Authentic the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls."

Well there has been a massive revamping / revisiting of just about all the fx since the 3 came out. Makes me wonder what’s coming up next.

Last edited:
Well there has been a massive revamping / revisiting of just about all the fx since the 3 came out. Makes me wonder what’s coming up next.

Deeper modelling. FAS virtual speaker cabinets. Amp power section and IR speaker impedance curve integration. More drives/amps/preamps. Slow and steady migration to the native plugin environment, first with drive/mod/filters, then amps. I can't wait. I honestly wish FAS had a tip jar, not that they need it. But I feel bad buying it once and getting 5+ years of cutting edge updates for FREE.

This is covered in the release notes: "Also, when set to Authentic the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls."
Thanks, so if I take it out of Authentic mode, it will keep my tone settings?

Does anyone have the input 3 meter lighting up on the front of their unit when they palm mute hard? I'm only using one input block and the only cable plugged into an input is the front input. I have lights on input 3 here and there when playing hard.

I just want my iOS axe edit, would love to use my iPad instead of a laptop! Heard it’s been on horizon. It’d be sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Keep up the good work guys!

Last edited:
Somehow I have not liked to use the distortions so far.
But these new versions are starting to play my ears.
Maybe I love the distortion!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom