Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Super Verb sounds nice with a gain box in front that's for sure.. Thanks guys. As much as I love combo's and stacks, it's very nice to get the same grit and juice without all the volume. My family loves FAS as much as I do!

Hi guys !
The update is amazing but I have a problem with the Tube Driver 4 knob.
I'm a sick fan of Gilmour, so I use the TD 4 knob.
After the update I noticed that the Low Cut is different and that even if you set it to the maximum, the pedal mixes only on the bass.
Before I could get the sound identical to 94 (Pulse)!
How can I solve? please help me!
( Axe III )

I uploaded the new firmware and after powering off and on, I now have a black screen and fractal bot is no longer recognizing the III. I remember using some sort of emergency utility to fix this issue a while back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the beta version conversation, I was talking about having variations of the Blues Breaker and Timmy and how it'd be nice to have them implemented. And today we get the Venuram Jan Ray and Lovepedal Amp Eleven ( Derived from the Timmy ) and the King Of Tone ( Blues Breaker ). I'm not one to assume that it was done under my recommendation, but damn that's pretty much my ''last week's'' wishlist. I wouldn't mind preparing a list of famous tweaked circuits and gather all the schematic for you guys at Fractal :) All jokes aside, Thx for this update!

In the beta version conversation, I was talking about having variations of the Blues Breaker and Timmy and how it'd be nice to have them implemented. And today we get the Venuram Jan Ray and Lovepedal Amp Eleven ( Derived from the Timmy ) and the King Of Tone ( Blues Breaker ). I'm not one to assume that it was done under my recommendation, but damn that's pretty much my ''last week's'' wishlist. I wouldn't mind preparing a list of famous tweaked circuits and gather all the schematic for you guys at Fractal :) All jokes aside, Thx for this update!

Ask for a Klon and see how that works out. ;)

I uploaded the new firmware and after powering off and on, I now have a black screen and fractal bot is no longer recognizing the III. I remember using some sort of emergency utility to fix this issue a while back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
the recovery process is always in the Owner's Manual.

I played around with the Tone of Kings, Blues OD, Timmy 2, and the Jan Ray model. They do sound great. But I could not get them to sound as good or better that the boost in the amp block.

It’s an inside joke friend ...
Yup I know! It's been over-asked. ;) I'm just joking myself since this weird coincidence happened... I know I'm pushing my luck. Personally I don't really mind the Klon. Had an Archer on my board for a few months and while I understand why people like them, it's not exactly my thing. I actually liked it better for rhythm and used it to cut a bit better.

I played around with the Tone of Kings, Blues OD, Timmy 2, and the Jan Ray model. They do sound great. But I could not get them to sound as good or better that the boost in the amp block.

“As good” and “better” are kind of personally subjective things.... lol

The tone of an amp like a Supro, with an OD hitting it, is just a different tone than a driven amp tone, not better or worse really.

If you came up not being able to crank your amps, and you owned smaller combo amps in the first place, odds are you probably had an OD pedal, and that tone is just familiar. Might not be “as good” to some, maybe that could crank their amp to get some sweet tone, but it’s simply familiar.

I kind of like the tone of a drive pedal into a pretty clean amp sometimes. Reminds me of playing in my bedroom as a kid, when I had small combos and saved up for a second hand TS9 etc

“As good” and “better” are kind of personally subjective things.... lol

The tone of an amp like a Supro, with an OD hitting it, is just a different tone than a driven amp tone, not better or worse really.

If you came up not being able to crank your amps, and you owned smaller combo amps in the first place, odds are you probably had an OD pedal, and that tone is just familiar. Might not be “as good” to some, maybe that could crank their amp to get some sweet tone, but it’s simply familiar.

I kind of like the tone of a drive pedal into a pretty clean amp sometimes. Reminds me of playing in my bedroom as a kid, when I had small combos and saved up for a second hand TS9 etc
The odd thing is, prior to a few firmware releases ago, I was the exact opposite. I have tried the amp boost and did not like it nearly as much as the TS808 mod drive just before the amp. Not really sure what changed. I dont know if I found the magic formula or if it was a change that Cliff made to the modeling. No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom