Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
this new UI on Amp Blocks I thinkwill be profound quickly for many of us....to clarify, please, on any preexisting preset, when in Authentic mode, the Tone values on the front page will remain as previously
tweaked/saved Unless switching to another amp model?
if i were to reload ,say a fresh @austinbuddy prest bank when in Authentic, the tones would remain basically the same, correct?

Last edited:
Went through each and every Drive model.
The improvements (requiring less CPU) are really unbelievable.

Existing presets / blocks need adjustments, and old information and tricks may not longer apply, but it's totally worth it.

i'm not normally an OD pedal guy. I like my distortion from the amp (plexi types and such) but man! These are REALLY good!! I've also noticed when going thru all the various types that the level isn't all over the place. Nice, thanks! Still wish the amp models were like that ;-) . Rock on FAS...

This is wonderful - thanks for being so dedicated!
Pauly

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/3p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_3p02.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Drive block. WARNING!!! The sound of some of the drive models may have changed significantly.

· Drive models based on op-amp and diode clipping topologies have been completely overhauled.

· For many types there is now a “Dry Gain” control. This parameter controls the amount of “dry” signal mixed with the “wet” (distorted) signal. For a Tube Screamer-based model this will default to 100% due to the topology. For other types this will default to 0. Values up to 200% are allowed. Note that the dry data is added before any tone controls and therefore is not exactly equivalent to a mix but rather replicates the behavior of analog circuits.

· Drive types based on op-amp and diode clipping circuits now allow control over the type and quantity of diodes in the positive and negative polarity. For example, the user can select (2) 1N34A diodes for positive signal polarity and (1) red LED for negative. Experiment with the various diode types and quantities to obtain new and unique sounds.

· The Basic GUI page now reflects only the controls found on the actual pedal. In cases where the actual pedal does not have any tone controls a simple Tone control is included for convenience.

· Added several new types.

Added “All” to Tuner Input Source selection. This sums all inputs.

Added Global "Tone Control Display" parameter. When set to Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed. When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Fixed Tone Match block not updating correctly between preset changes if different Mode used.

Fixed loss of low frequency resolution for Tone Match block when set to Off-Line mode.

This is my first bug report, so if this isn't the best place to post this, please let me know, and I can move it.

I've discovered a glitch in the GUI. I'm on 3.02, using the Ideal Amp Controls (if it matters). Essentially, using the Ch +/- control while viewing the output EQ in the amp block messes up the display of the EQ. Bouncing back and forth between channels doesn't restore it, but going back to the grid and re-entering the Output EQ brings everything back to normal.

Wow! These drives are crazy good now with the already incredible amp modeling. I quickly threw a blues OD in front of a 65 Bassman and the bounce/feel was amazing! I could not put it down. The other new drives are quickly becoming favorites.

I personally love the new UI option. I find it much easier to plug and play, and not have urge to keep tinkering all the time, but the option to flip back is great.

This box is so inspiring to play... and gets better all the time.

Thank you Cliff and team!! Just an amazing product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom