Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/3p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_3p02.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved Drive block. WARNING!!! The sound of some of the drive models may have changed significantly.

· Drive models based on op-amp and diode clipping topologies have been completely overhauled.

· For many types there is now a “Dry Gain” control. This parameter controls the amount of “dry” signal mixed with the “wet” (distorted) signal. For a Tube Screamer-based model this will default to 100% due to the topology. For other types this will default to 0. Values up to 200% are allowed. Note that the dry data is added before any tone controls and therefore is not exactly equivalent to a mix but rather replicates the behavior of analog circuits.

· Drive types based on op-amp and diode clipping circuits now allow control over the type and quantity of diodes in the positive and negative polarity. For example, the user can select (2) 1N34A diodes for positive signal polarity and (1) red LED for negative. Experiment with the various diode types and quantities to obtain new and unique sounds.

· The Basic GUI page now reflects only the controls found on the actual pedal. In cases where the actual pedal does not have any tone controls a simple Tone control is included for convenience.

· Added several new types.

Added “All” to Tuner Input Source selection. This sums all inputs.

Added Global "Tone Control Display" parameter. When set to Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed. When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Fixed Tone Match block not updating correctly between preset changes if different Mode used.

Fixed loss of low frequency resolution for Tone Match block when set to Off-Line mode.

That was quick! Wasn’t expecting to see this with the Authentic controls implemented for all those amps so fast. Damn! You guys are the best.

So .... What happened to the basic GUI of the amp block - 19 pages of discussion about this in the beta thread, and now mention in the release thread - come ooooooonnn we need to know :D

(And no - I do not have a III, so I cannot check for myself)

So .... What happened to the basic GUI of the amp block - 19 pages of discussion about this in the beta thread, and now mention in the release thread - come ooooooonnn we need to know :D

(And no - I do not have a III, so I cannot check for myself)
In the release notes it says you have a global "tone control display parameter" where you can choose authentic if you want.

Also, when set to Authentic the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls

If you just change to Authentic mode, does that also reset BMT in existing patches?

Thanks so much! this is absolutely great!

Quick question: Are the Authentic Controls still being ported from the original Amps to reflect them or is it done?
Im asking because IIRC some amps are still not there, such as the Fryette with the 2 gain stages, one of which was missing, and also several other Amp models. Thanks again for all of this!

Thanks so much! this is absolutely great!

Quick question: Are the Authentic Controls still being ported from the original Amps to reflect them or is it done?
Im asking because IIRC some amps are still not there, such as the Fryette with the 2 gain stages, one of which was missing, and also several other Amp models. Thanks again for all of this!

Where are you looking? Do not use Axe-Edit, it has not been updated.

The Fryette amps now do have Overdrive controls in Authentic mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom