Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta

Liking the plus dist, fas boost, shimmer, and t808 so far. Definitely more feel and interaction going on. Seems cpu usage is a little lower also?

I bet his video edit was ready before your post. :D :D :D
nah...he's asleep now, give him a few hours ........and after only a couple minutes of fiddling, the creaminess of the new drives sounds very appealing to my ear. (Ruckus GE...yes....
esoteric
ACB...YES

Shred Master sounds like a fart now. Is it wai?

EDIT: oh there's all the extra knobs now! I'll try cranking them.

EDIT2: nope, I still sound like a full stoner band.

EDIT3: OMG you can get some really cool sounds out of this! Can be wai, not sure because I don't own the real pedal.

EDIT4: sorry about the negative comments only. Thanks a million Cliff for putting the real pedal controls visible on the unit. You're the best.

Last edited:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I uploaded the new firmware and it messes up my FC6 labels if I switch between presets. Meaning if i start the machine up the buttons are as I programmed them. If I change presets with the value knob and then come back the preset I started with the assignments on my FC6 are all wrong. I then have to restart and it's fine. Was I supposed reset or reinitialize something?

Last edited:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I uploaded the new firmware and it messes up my FC6 labels if I switch between presets. Meaning if i start the machine up the buttons are as I programmed them. If I change presets with the value knob and then come back the preset I started with the assignments on my FC6 are all wrong. I then have to restart and it's fine. What I supposed reset or reinitialize something?
Actually if I switch patches with the value knob, it is messing up my FC6 assignments and settings and I have to restart to get them back.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, I'm happy to see that some of the models did NOT change.
I'm not happy to see that none of the models I use the most have changed instead.
I had big hopes cuz I think a couple of them still need a rework, or at least they aren't on par with MY real-world ones.
I'm talking specifically about the muff (which despite being considered a fuzz is still based on clipping diodes, so I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been updated, and its tone control works a bit differently) and the 4-knob tube driver (which doesn't have diodes but its eq is quite different too)

But anyway, I don't want to complain, after all I should be happy cuz my GAS for the axe III has gone down a little bit now. :tonguewink:

Actually if I switch patches with the value knob, it is messing up my FC6 assignments and settings and I have to restart to get them back.
Just an Fyi, I rolled back to 3.01 and it deleted my patch that I was having the FC settings problem.......guess I have to start over with that one......always back up your stuff.

Last edited:
@ Shroomboss

Upgrading or downgrading firmware does not delete presets. However, older firmware may not be able to read presets created / saved with later firmware.

fairly big change in my distorted tones-(less saturation?), played around for 30 mins, going back to 3.01 for now, will try later with more time to tweak

@ Shroomboss

Upgrading or downgrading firmware does not delete presets. However, older firmware may not be able to read presets created / saved with later firmware.
It was created in 3.01. Less worried about losing the patch. I was more concerned about the fact that the FC6 settings were getting messed up changing patches with the value knob.

I guess it depends on how the “200%” was derived. If it’s 200% power, then it’s a 3 dB increase. If it’s 200% voltage, then it’s 6 dB.

It's voltage with any other percentage level control (volume block, mixer block, various feedbacks...) so power would be an unusual choice.

To explain the diode stuff:

Consider a simple pedal like this MXR Distortion+:
StreamImage.aspx

See the two diodes, D1 and D2?

I wanted to confess, that you could have just as easily inserted the schematic into a thread entitled, "my new heart/lung machine, with artificial intelligence".

And I would have been really amazed.

Rod

fairly big change in my distorted tones-(less saturation?), played around for 30 mins, going back to 3.01 for now, will try later with more time to tweak
I did same thing. feeling like volume up and lower distorted sound.
I thought no more M zone.
Scene sound change compare with 3.01

Attachments

• Church43.01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom