Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? Many people always asked for authentic amp controls. Cliff adds them. Many people want the other version with more advanced parameter back. Cliff adds an option to use the version of choice. Now many seem to want both types at once? at least that's what skimming through the last few pages of this thread suggest? :confused:

Cant please everyone. It's been asked for since the beginning, he adds it and you can surf the river of tears.

I think people are just wanting the “moved controls” to be on the next page, instead of four tabs over.....that’s all ...I think?:D;)
Exactly. Cliff said marking the authentic controls in some way on the same page would be too much work. Hopefully, since they are already moved to the advanced page, they can be moved to a new ideal tone page right after the authentic tone page.

Cant please everyone. It's been asked for since the beginning, he adds it and you can surf the river of tears.
to a certain extent, it was designed a certain way at the beginning for a reason. i think with it being a certain way for over 10 years and suddenly changing - at first with no option - that warrants some discussion.

It depends on how you dial them in. Using authentic controls or advanced :p
giphy.gif

:D

Am I missing something? Many people always asked for authentic amp controls. Cliff adds them. Many people want the other version with more advanced parameter back. Cliff adds an option to use the version of choice. Now many seem to want both types at once? at least that's what skimming through the last few pages of this thread suggest? :confused:

now we're just discussing what the word "advanced" really means

I feel we are kind of entering into an era of digital modeling snobbery, for lack of a better term.

Back when I was real into hardware, I knew lots of guys who only played vintage amps, and they would only use NOS tubes, and they would talk about how they wanted to achieve the correct tones of the amps as they used to be recorded etc..... some referred to that as being a tube snob of sorts, since a modern reissue, Chinese tubes etc weren’t acceptable. Point to point wiring or bust.

Well now I see people talking about how they want to have the authentic controls on an amp model, to get the correct tones from the amp, and it kind of sounds like the same type of mentality, does it not ?

Instead of saying they only use NOS tubes guys will now claim how they only tweak tones with the proper amp knobs, like it gives a sort of superiority or soemthing.

Now many have indicated it’s because of being overwhelmed with parameters, keeping it simple, but if you go back to hardware mindsets, did anyone say they didn’t want a proper tone stack because it was confusing or overwhelming ? No, I don’t think so really, so I don’t know if I really buy into the argument that it’s making it easier to understand.

I think it honestly just gives a bit of exclusivity or whatever, so your not just using an amp model, your using a 100% period correct amp model and your using only the proper controls for an authentic experience etc, and to some degree this gives one a bit of a superior experience.

Well now I see people talking about how they want to have the authentic controls on an amp model, to get the correct tones from the amp, and it kind of sounds like the same type of mentality, does it not ?

no

Instead of saying they only use NOS tubes guys will now claim how they only tweak tones with the proper amp knobs, like it gives a sort of superiority or soemthing.

I don't see any mention of that

but if you go back to hardware mindsets, did anyone say they didn’t want a proper tone stack because it was confusing or overwhelming ?.

you do realize that the parameters in question are not being removed, just relocated, right? And you get the option as to which layout you want to work with, right?

also: I don't know of any hardware amp that had the tone stack on the front panel.

What? This definitely has nothing to do with tube snobery, or feeling superior.

It's simply a desire for some people to see what controls the original amp had without looking them up. It can be disorienting to some people to see bass, mid, and treble on an amp that only had a single tone control. Which one should I adjust to mimic the amp behavior? I never thought having the extra controls was a big deal because I would rather have full control, but I can see the appeal of only having the original controls available and would definitely give that option a try to see how I liked it.

@FractalAudio Thanks for adding this option to both the drive pedals and the amps. I think it's a cool feature that lots of people will appreciate.

Another idea: Add a simple toggle on the Tone page: Show authentic amp controls/Show all controls. Use the Global setting to set the default.

Last edited:
What the heck is an “authentic” amp experience?

Bad tubes? Hot chassis? Burning dust? Cold solder joints? Blown fuses? Moving heavy stuff? (Could go on and on.)

I like FAS products because they are superb, flexible and deep (as you want to go).

If I wanted to buy the drives that have been added in this update I'd be spending well over $1k AUD. Yet we get them for free.

Endless gratitude FAS.

They’re really well done too—not that it surprises me, but I still think that the quality should be recognized, even if it’s the norm.

I used your MethamphetaClean preset as a platform for testing the new drives, and I had a blast with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom