Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG: I got a bit of a wierd bug here: I have the LovePedal 11 ON going into the Wrecker Liverpool & when I adjust the Input Trim on the Amp it makes a popping/ripping kind of sound.
It’s happened 3 times now, but once I switch to a different pedal & back it stops it’s been intermittent.
Can't reproduce. Post a preset.

I know it's a beta (and I know the answer will be 'soon') - but any ETA on a supporting Axe-Edit? Dying to try this but mine is tucked away so I need Michael!

frozen_wide.0.0.jpg
Frozen!!!!

But the “basic” controls won’t ever do that. Turning up the Mid knob on an amp that doesn’t have one won’t make a Fender sound like a Marshall.

That statement is about the actual advanced amp controls like Transformer Match, Sag, Negative Feedback, etc. Those haven’t changed a bit.

You won’t make a Trainwreck sound like a Mesa by adjusting Depth and Presence.
Very true, one thing I've noticed time and again ( actually the last time in one of Leon's fender videos) has been confusion with the mid control on fenders that don't have one. Many have questioned where to set it for authenticity? Since the ones with no mid are internally set around 7ish, they go there. I've played through many fenders,and read in the manual and wiki that noon is authentic on controls that aren't on the real amp, so I am aware of it, but many aren't. There have been many posts that noon on the mid is authentic,but it seem few people actuallyread about it, see it or comprehend it. This is one of the main reasons I think the actual controls for each amp is needed. It takes away the guesswork for many. Personally , I'm cool with all the original controls on the main screen, but like the new layout.

Yes no product should ever have to refer to a online wiki page to figure out how to use it. UIUX is a whole different skillset. It's why devs do dev work and UIUX people do their stuff, some can do both but if they do it well is another question.

All I know, is this firmware has the III sounding it’s best ever! A buddy of mine (who plays much better than me:)) was over yesterday. Handed him a Les Paul, fired up my favorite W\D\W patch, which has a the BB Pre in front of a couple of Atomicas, and HOLY COW!!!, was I at a Ratt concert? Dokken? Motley? WOW!

Didn’t hurt that I recently put bass traps in all the corners of Madison Square Bsmnt, since I have no choice other than corner placement of the CLRs, but yeah, this firmware is PHENOMENAL sounding!!!

Bravo Cliff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom