Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00

Sure the reverbs sound great but that amp model sounds particularly good with your guitar. Nice and open. I'm away from my unit and don't remember what model I used in that patch. I just dropped something in there. The cab block was whatever was left over from some other patch. Happy accident.

Thank you. Happy accident at my end too. The model is the AC-20 Treble which is my go-to amp for cleanish-edge of breakup. So this was perfect for me. Played on a 1994 Parker hard tail.

Sure the reverbs sound great but that amp model sounds particularly good with your guitar. Nice and open. I'm away from my unit and don't remember what model I used in that patch. I just dropped something in there. The cab block was whatever was left over from some other patch. Happy accident.
AC 20 12AX7 treble with factory 2 cab's, 706, 712

if you want more of that 2.05 high end, use one of the 'ideal' power amp tube types. this sounds so freaking good. these reverbs are going to write albums all by themselves.

if it's still too dark change the input 1 impedance from auto to 1M or 1M+Cap. there's still high end available, these tubes just got...aged. :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:. Also lower the power tube grid bias, that adds a little more top.

if it's still too dark lower cathode follower harmonics, that adds a little bit of top too.

if it's still too dark lower speaker compression, that lets more top through as well.

Last edited:
These updates are pretty much
Just hitting everything

Better modulation fx
New trems
Improved amp modelling
New reverbs
Ir capture
Compressor block
Cab block

Crazy the cool thing is it actually makes me use less blocks

When the boost types were put in the amp block I no longer needed the drive block in front of the amp

The recent reflections and cab block updates allowed me to get rid of the reverb block for some air on the heavy rythms

It’s pretty cool

I'm no Leon but I can noodle. So I noodled.
Three scenes on the preset. I just noodled through each for about a minute. Lots of long tails so you can appreciate the complexity and richness of the algorithms.

Wow, sounds great! What pick ups? Mine doesn't even sound close!, Mine is way brighter and harsher (texas specials here). Much less drive too.

Just loaded this and it seems my low end girth is missing. I was just playing my drums with in ear monitors so maybe that killed my ears but I'm using high gain heavy chunk style and noticed this, can someone confirm or dismiss it to my ears being desensitized?

Just loaded this and it seems my low end girth is missing. I was just playing my drums with in ear monitors so maybe that killed my ears but I'm using high gain heavy chunk style and noticed this, can someone confirm or dismiss it to my ears being desensitized?
Didn't notice that. In fact seems like there are a little more low mids going on.

I noticed a better sound after resetting the amp block. I went back and forth between presets of a before and after with exact settings and it makes a difference for the better to me. New reverbs are really nice too! Thanks for that Cliff!

@FractalAudio what does Reverb Size control in the context of the new Plex Reverb algorithm? It's shown as a percentage value and I'm having a hard time putting into words what it does to the sound across the range of values. Seems to effect decay time and feedback but also mix to some extent?

...and now uploaded.

First I'm checking Cliff's preset, then the new Reverb modes in one of my presets

At 6:27, a preview of a video I'm working on, a Porcupine Tree cover. Except the drums, all you hear is from the Axe-Fx III, including the synth like pads, played on the Suhr. I've yet to finish the full cover, not sure about what to do with the vocals (I'm not a singer) or the MIDI drums, which definitively needs some editing

...and now uploaded.

First I'm checking Cliff's preset, then the new Reverb modes in one of my presets

At 6:27, a preview of a video I'm working on, a Porcupine Tree cover. Except the drums, all you hear is from the Axe-Fx III, including the synth like pads, played on the Suhr. I've yet to finish the full cover, not sure about what to do with the vocals (I'm not a singer) or the MIDI drums, which definitively needs some editing

That 80's clean sounds incredible with the new verbs. That's one of my favourite PT tunes too, can't wait to hear it finished! Awesome job.

Back
Top Bottom