Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found resetting the amp block does something.

I agree. I always try a reset with new firmware on the blocks that have changed. It definitely made a difference! I liked 3 better before resetting personally, but resetting made it even better.

I was using some mild compression in front and lowering tube hardness and transformer match a bit, after installing v 3 its better without the tweaks.

I agree. I always try a reset with new firmware on the blocks that have changed. It definitely made a difference! I liked 3 better before resetting personally, but resetting made it even better.
Is this a hard reset or just reset channel?

Reactions: RDH
Is this a hard reset or just reset channel?
I tried both soft reset ( switching to a different amp and back) which made substantial difference, then a hard reset and re entered my settings, which for me made it a bit better yet. I use around 10 different amps for my live patches, so resetting is worth it for me.

Same here with the high top end brightness. It's not an extreme difference and personally, I like it better.

I haven’t found anything to sound worse. Some amps I didn’t love before even seem a little more pleasing to me now.

It’s a subjective thing though, one mans better can be another’s worse.

I do basically zero advanced parameter tweaks anymore, really haven’t at all on the III. I used to mess with tons of stuff pre quantum on the II, but most models just sound “right” to me at default.

I would guess if you dialed in lots of advanced parameters things may change a bit, and it sounds like in your case for the worse.

Maybe try it fresh ? You might find that you don’t need to touch a bunch of stuff you once did ?

I think the recto’s have never sounded better, but that is just based upon tones I like.

Not sure what changed either. The triaxis lead 1 red which i loved on my old triaxis and lobbied for getting added, I can now dial in to sound like I remember (had old settings written down). I haven't been able up to this point.

I tried 3.00beta and don't like it... Everything is muddier. ..
Everybody seemt happy with it, sorry to be that guy

Im right there with you.... until there is some more direction about what was actually changed, and what is needed to be tweaked in 3.0 to keep the same tones and feel I had in 2.05..... I'll just sit on the latter.

Thanks - my understanding was that 'Reset Channel' in Edit was considered a soft reset and not quite the same?

I heard the "soft reset" is switching the amp type, then switching back. I would think a reset function that requires confirmation would be a hard reset. But I'm thinking again, please step back. :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom