Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, I know I fired up Axe-Edit... And I didn't get any pop-OR- errors, but I also don't think I used it at all.

Did you get a pop-up error box or not? If not, possible I missed it.

Got a pop up from Axe-Edit and refusal to work. Its a hard stop.

Still poking. My Surface decided it needed a Firmware update, then a bushel of Win10 updates. I'll let those finish and I'll try stripping out all signs of Axe USB bits then re-run the FAS USB installer.

Got a pop up from Axe-Edit and refusal to work. Its a hard stop.

Still poking. My Surface decided it needed a Firmware update, then a bushel of Win10 updates. I'll let those finish and I'll try stripping out all signs of Axe USB bits then re-run the FAS USB installer.
Ok... Interesting.

My axeedit seemed ok.... I've been using it this afternoon <runs off to check he actually upgraded the firmware to the right version....>

Ran all the updates, did all the re-installs, still no joy. Ah well, play with betas, expect some goofs. I'll survive till something else in the critical path gets a bump.
Curious... What FW were you on before updating to 3.0b? I was on 2.05...

My Surface decided it needed a Firmware update, then a bushel of Win10 updates. I'll let those finish and I'll try stripping out all signs of Axe USB bits then re-run the FAS USB installer.
That could be the problem. These days, Microsoft OSes tend to break stuff if there are a bunch of updates stacked up.

I can’t reliably report on the placebo effect. It’s a very real thing in the real world.

But I can say that after updating last night I have spent more than a few hours playing today. And I have found myself just getting lost in whatever preset I am on. Being greatly inspired to just play, create and improvise.

My quest to start engineering new tones or tweak existing ones has been relegated to a “not today” status. I have a rekindled appreciation for the guitars in my collection and the character and personality they each have.

This may seem like hyperbole, but this is an emotional thing for me. I have sought tones like this for decades. Here they are for me to pick and choose. What a great day to be a Fractal fan. I am very grateful for this update... JOB WELL DONE.

Last edited:
Another explanation: It feels like some of the mojo of the analog comp got also implanted into the amp block. But where there? Into the preamp, changing the way the tubes compress?

Truth is I've always had a hard time liking the Euro Blue and Euro Red ( Bogners) but have been playing both of them for hours today with a Les Paul.

So much fun !

Thanks as always Cliff & Co !

New preset discovered as a result of this firmware: Avant Delay Channels -- Scene 4 is amazing with a Strat and your volume control.

Don’t need a t-shirt, but the pinch harmonics are jumping as someone else noted. Would the improvements be a modeled amp:cab interaction?

Okay...i've got it...he has somehow made it so immediate ...that the notes play just before you play them...maybe before you think them.

So ...wizardry...is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom