Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear a lot more transformer, and a lot more virtual tube interaction. Also, I hear a drastic reduction in the amplifier high-end extension, but a greatly increased resolution in the high end that is present. Maybe that's just due to the spectrum being less crowded with ultra high-end. It sounds like a [modeled analog component] was either re-measured or re-calibrated to filter down the high end to mirror it's real-world component counterpart, sacrificing the previously available extra ultra high-end extension for modeling accuracy and analog smoothness. There is no more +25kHz sand to be had anywhere. There's no buzz at all anymore. Recto 2 Red Modern, treble/presence maxed, it's not even annoying-level bright...before, that would kill you. This FW sounds really really good.

More transformer, more virtual tube interaction, less high end amp extension, more resolution, less crowded spectrum, less extra ultra high end, and no 25kHz sand.....

I think Cliff may be sending you the T-shirt
:)

Based on what I’m hearing & feeling I’m gunna say Cliff tweaked something in with the Dynamic Presence, Depth & Input Dynamics.

I am going with the Cathode Follower , oddly enough many of the prior feel changes seem to refer to that
another possibility is perhaps something to do with applying a reactive load and measurement

It's the new "Flux Capacitor" parameter!!:p ...as a result of a bathroom epiphany! :flushed:

Unfortunately....not exposed to the user! :rage::blush:

edit: the parameter...not the bathroom! LOL! :tearsofjoy:

edit: I want my t-shirt please. :D

Sorry for another rookie question....can I update the Factory presets by reamping ?
Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way, but how would that possibly work?

Reamping is the process of sending a (previously recorded) DI guitar signal through a different signal chain to get a different sound.

Presets are just stored settings on the Axe Fx.

How would a DI signal from a recording update settings on the Axe Fx?

However, I'm wondering if the modulation changes would have any impact on the Studio Reverb? The settings I'm using and have been going back to Axe Fx II sound off to me. The guitar sounds a bit lost. I selected the same reverb on another channel (and a reset) and adjusted the main page settings to match but the reset version sounded like I'm used to it sounding...

Quoting myself here... But nobody else experienced this?

I'm going to do a detailed setting comparison later because I seem to remember tweaking some more advanced settings related to early reflections a long time ago and I've been using the same settings for quite a while. Probably something changed relative to those settings.

Yes, i hope so :)
I've watched leon's video and the difference is clearly audible, but not in the good way at least on his video i prefered 2.05 sound.. Less treble in 3.00b

There is def less treble. I noticed similar results from the patch I was using before the update as well. After I reset the amp block and adjusted to taste (again ) , the amp sounded better to me. I don't think his comparison showed much , other than there was a - change.

Last night, I spent some time with with my Vibro preset, whitch sounded harsh. It didn'tl matte what I did. Finally I decided to try different IR, then that fixed it. It was not the amp. I wonder if something changed in the CAB block.

I‘m pretty sure I know what is going on here technically. But I don‘t need a t-shirt. Are there any Fractal-boxer-shorts you can send to germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom