Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear a lot more transformer, and a lot more virtual tube interaction. Also, I hear a drastic reduction in the amplifier high-end extension, but a greatly increased resolution in the high end that is present. Maybe that's just due to the spectrum being less crowded with ultra high-end. It sounds like a [modeled analog component] was either re-measured or re-calibrated to filter down the high end to mirror it's real-world component counterpart, sacrificing the previously available extra ultra high-end extension for modeling accuracy and analog smoothness. There is no more +25kHz sand to be had anywhere. There's no buzz at all anymore. Recto 2 Red Modern, treble/presence maxed, it's not even annoying-level bright...before, that would kill you. This FW sounds really really good.

Still not having any luck with the Xformer match parameter, from 1.00 down to 0.10 is doing nada... from 1.00 to 10.00 is just reducing level and adding some distortion. Xformer match was before quickly noticeable in changing small increments, moving just off of zero, from -0.6 to +2.00, I know I'm not going deaf yet.

Thank you thank you thank you FAS, I don't even believe how good this FW sounds.

Ok, so I got a little more play time in.

I definitely feel like the Hook 2A in my main preset, which is stock settings except for Input Drive lowered to about 1.90 benefited from a block reset.

However, I'm wondering if the modulation changes would have any impact on the Studio Reverb? The settings I'm using and have been going back to Axe Fx II sound off to me. The guitar sounds a bit lost. I selected the same reverb on another channel (and a reset) and adjusted the main page settings to match but the reset version sounded like I'm used to it sounding...

I don't see at the release notes or the readme file recommendations to reset the amp block after updating to Firmware 3.0 beta

Shall we assume that it is not necessary?

Thanks Leon, I was more interested in the compression. Was that the new analog comp?

I didn't use anything other than an amp + cab block in these clips. That amp sits right in the sweet spot with my strat where it adds just enough natural compression to anything I play. I love the analog comp with the Tweed Twin though.

This FW definitely has some of that BDE Cliff mentioned over at TGP.

Edit: I'm also really loving the SLO now.

Last edited:
I didn't use anything other than an amp + cab block in these clips. That amp sits right in the sweet spot with my strat where it adds just enough natural compression to anything I play. I love the analog comp with the Tweed Twin though.

This FW definitely has some of that BDE Cliff mentioned over at TGP.

Edit: I'm also really loving the SLO now.

I couldn’t find the thread at TGP - can you link it ?

Thanks !

Got a chance to really try out 3.00 Beta tonight. Sounds really great! Just when you think it couldn't get any better, it does.

just went Beta 3, No installation issue here, Axe Edit working with no issue. (maybe I should try changing patches)

I got the Axe FX III in October. It came with 1.17 and I immediately updated to 1.18. Now, two and a half months later, we're on 3.0. Only a few days ago I installed 2.05 to play with the new cab block options and here we are with another substantial update to make things even better. I'm so glad that after lengthy deliberation I invested in the Axe FX III, as it was immediately clear from the start that this was the right horse to bet on. A competitor's product was sold without looking back. Now I'm curious to hear what 3.0 brings to the table.

This is also my first post. Hi! Just wanted to express my satisfaction with the product and the truly great update service.

I got the Axe FX III in October. It came with 1.17 and I immediately updated to 1.18. Now, two and a half months later, we're on 3.0. Only a few days ago I installed 2.05 to play with the new cab block options and here we are with another substantial update to make things even better. I'm so glad that after lengthy deliberation I invested in the Axe FX III, as it was immediately clear from the start that this was the right horse to bet on. A competitor's product was sold without looking back. Now I'm curious to hear what 3.0 brings to the table.

This is also my first post. Hi! Just wanted to express my satisfaction with the product and the truly great update service.
Hi, @AxtEffekt ! Welcome to the funhouse!

As some people stated earlier, this thing sounded amazing already so it's hard to imagine that it can still be improved.
But what I found is this:
Before I was struggling to combine high output pickups like the JB with single coils.
So much that I was trying out low output pickups like the Al II Pro, Custom '78...
I even made different presets for my Strats (which have Kinmans).
I just tried a preset with a Friedman HBE V2 / Cameron CCV 2A with my HSS geetar and it sounded absolutely brilliant.
Where the single coils sounded harsh before, now they sound warm and sparkly.
I can even use this preset with my Strats.
So I need even less presets than before :)

I have to say that Fractal just keeps on giving and making things better and advancing. While some other companies take a decade to create an editor and an update comes once a year... I feel like Cliff puts out a new update that always states "better amp modeling" more frequently that I even get to play the unit. :D Honestly I don't have a point of reference since I just updated my unit this week.

Out of curiosity, how much more room for "making the amp modeling better" is there? :D

Hey Axteffekt,

Best thing you could have done - Welcome!
Thanks Pauly

This is a reference firmware. Everything is ticking the right boxes.. the Dumble & Wrecker’s and those types are so juicy it’s like taking a bath in electrified hot oil, the Slo100 hits ya like a twenty-ton sledgehammer. The Atomica, brown as an old man’s drawers during flu season. Haven’t been able to get to my Fender presets yet.. somebody spank me..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom