Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't tried it yet drop the new analog type compressor in front of your clean to breakup to solo tones. Threshold at 1.5 or 2 if I remember correctly, all other settings at default. With the new modeling and this I'm getting hooked it sounds so good.

Love the modulation. less intrusive on your tone. everything sounds and feels/reacts better..

Last edited:
This is purely anecdotal, but it seems like it boots faster now too. Or am I just imagining it? Have I just had so much coffee that I'm experiencing time dilation?

Time dilation?...never actually observed in the lab!....FAS lab that is ;-)

I just watched Leon’s video. Sounds great. It sounds to me like the mids got shifted up a bit. It’s like the harmonics got reordered. Much clearer now and less woofy, if that makes sense. Also, it seems dryer, like the sound shifts forward a bit.

My first impression is that the character of the lower frequencies has changed. It feels like there is a bit more bass but also the bass is also clearer.

Overall, it feels "larger" in some way... I hate trying to find words to describe sounds.

I didn't do an A/B or even play before uploading FW, and I was primarily playing my main clean-ish preset (and only for maybe 15 minutes), so not an in depth opinion ;)

That's why I asked. I'd disconnected the FC-12 when I updated the Axe FXIII to 3.00 Beta just to be sure. Just wondered if it was necessary. So you guys think we don't need to disconnect the FC-12 when updating firmware on the Axe FXIII.
Yeah... I don't think it's needed.

My first impression is that the character of the lower frequencies has changed. It feels like there is a bit more bass but also the bass is also clearer.

Overall, it feels "larger" in some way... I hate trying to find words to describe sounds.

I didn't do an A/B or even play before uploading FW, and I was primarily playing my main clean-ish preset (and only for maybe 15 minutes), so not an in depth opinion ;)

I think Cliff may be trying out that new algorithm that tightens the bass when you pick harder? Seems there is also more clarity on the highs without adding more highs? Not sure but the changes do remind me of an old cranked tube amp I use to have without a master volume. It sounds and feels great!

I think Cliff may be trying out that new algorithm that tightens the bass when you pick harder? Seems there is also more clarity on the highs without adding more highs? Not sure but the changes do remind me of an old cranked tube amp I use to have without a master volume. It sounds and feels great!
Oh, yeah. I totally forgot the posts about the various dynamics settings. You're probably on to something there.

I don’t hear a massive difference in just playing, but I don’t go looking to compare either. It sounded great before and it sounds great now. Sounded great pre 2.05 as well.

For me it’s kind to the point where it’s so go i don’t really get wrapped up in what changed, I just use and enjoy. Cliff says it’s better, I say thanks, and continue enjoying it.

It’s like if you’ve got this 500hp sports car and it’s crazy fast as is, and then your mechanic says they did such as such and now it’s got 508 hp. Great, more is more, but do you notice it ? The car was fast and still is fast.

Again, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying people can’t hear a difference, and it’s aweseome great keeps getting better. BUT, I’m long past the days of loading the new FW, reverting back to the old, loading the new, trying to put my finger on if I can hear a subtle difference etc.

After probably what, like 30+ plus major firmware updates, I’ve learned to have absolute confidence in Cliff. He has never done anything that was a step backwards, so if he says it’s better, I download, I enjoy, and I just play my guitar really.

When 2.05 dropped it was like “omg, this is the best tone ever”, then 3.0 and it’s “this is the best tone ever” but you know what, sooner or later we will have 4.0 and we will do it all over again.

I don’t really get too wrapped up in what he changed, if I hear it or not, because it’s really temporary and sooner or later there will be soemthing even better he rolls out. That isn’t meant to sound cynical, I think it’s awesome honestly, but it’s kind of come down to a real simple arrangement. Cliff makes the tools, I use them.

Cliff you fell off the toilet again;) I'm loving this firmware the feel is better, dynamics are better ( backing off volume on guitar is noticeably better) the entire spectrum of tone has improved bass is fuller in a natural way as highs smoother in the same way, mids have more complexity and are more open. I reset my amp blocks and re entered my settings and the improvements ere even more apparent! my schedule for the day changed:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom