Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the amp modeling improvement universal, or does it affect some amp types more than others?

I love being able to bypass the GEQ in the amp block. GREAT feature!

I’m glad to read your report. I need to do some tracking later tonight, and I’m playing Sunday. Since it’s beta, I wasn’t sure....

This is great! It feels a little different, and sounds different to me as well. When I used to struggle with my Dumble clone to emphasize more of the even order harmonics, and I'd get the PI and overdrive controls set where the sweet spot was...that's how this sounds to me now. Have not even fiddled with changing speaker compliance yet.

Thanks, FAS! And Cliff, I hope your neck is doing better!

Did Speaker Compliance move into uber-subtle mode? Or are my ears desensitized from the chords I've been letting ring at gig volume?

;)
There's a reason the release notes are terse about it.

Any grace/latitude for the extremely literal crowd who struggle with the infinity of possibility’s when imaging what “improvement” means wrt any advancements in the DSP FW?

Likely not as I realize you act purposefully and rationally when updating the code, disclosing what you do ... but some of us need/desperately wish for a translator.

Aside from that - thank you again for continually raising the bar and driving continuous improvement. :)

So way off topic... but I'm curious about what factors go into changing from minor to major versions. 2.05 then to 3 vs 2.05 to 2.7 or 2.08 or...

Speaker compliance is more subtle now as there was a bug before making it more prominent than it should be.
Yeah, but I don't think I'm hearing a difference between 0 and 100 on that control. Maybe I'm testing it on the wrong amp/MV setting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom