Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Release

Interesting...I'm having some of the previous issues post Axe Edit install (Reading Block Definitions) plus I've been unable to successfully install the new update.

Numerous attempts to install 20-04 with Fractal Bot have failed (Beta 20-04 was the latest install), and despite multiple power downs of both the Axe III and my computer (iMac w/latest IOS), I continue to get the message shown below each time. I've also checked all USB connections, etc...worked fine when I installed the Beta 20-04 a week or so ago.

One other issue, the new Axe Edit is frozen and won't work with the 20-04 beta version. I reinstalled that as well with no luck....

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

AXE.jpg

Update: Install worked after 11th try...but Axe III Edit still frozen.
Final Update: All is well:-/ Cheers

Last edited:
Please let me know how the Aristides 020 feels. I've never played one and was curious as to your feedback.
Thanks,
Rich
Well, only played for about 10 minutes. Badly in need of a setup - fret buzz mania. I am not optimistic about the neck profile. It reminds me of why I gave up on Carvin guitars - hard to explain, but just feels like the neck is too wide (the actual width is measurably not the issue) and getting in the way, which causes my left hand to fatigue quickly. Possibly geared more toward shredder dudes, although this is one of their models with the slightly fatter neck which is typically better for me.

Sound is meh - but that is partly the fault of the setup and pickups can always be swapped.

First impressions anyway - I will live with it for a while - I very well may warm to it, stranger things have happened.

Well, only played for about 10 minutes. Badly in need of a setup - fret buzz mania. I am not optimistic about the neck profile. It reminds me of why I gave up on Carvin guitars - hard to explain, but just feels like the neck is too wide (the actual width is measurably not the issue) and getting in the way, which causes my left hand to fatigue quickly. Possibly geared more toward shredder dudes, although this is one of their models with the slightly fatter neck which is typically better for me.

Sound is meh - but that is partly the fault of the setup and pickups can always be swapped.

First impressions anyway - I will live with it for a while - I very well may warm to it, stranger things have happened.
Thanks for the feedback and good luck.

Well that's disappointing. Aristides is one of the brands I just assumed would be perfect out of the box. Is this new or used?

Well that's disappointing. Aristides is one of the brands I just assumed would be perfect out of the box. Is this new or used?
Used - which would account for the setup.

As far as the neck profile, it is one of those things - I am sure there are people who love it, but my hands and technique are what they are at this point.

In fairness, I have been playing it for a little more time now and I am not having the hand fatigue issue I always had with Carvins. There are just certain angles/positions where it feels like the shoulder is digging in to my hand and fighting me. With Carvins I always felt like I was constantly stretching to fit something a little too big in my hand (sadly NOT what she said.)

Sound wise, I think the fret buzz is my major issue - it makes everything fuzzy/ratty and kills sustain. It came with the JB/Jazz combo. I have used these PUs before, so I kinda know what to expect. I will say the Jazz seems to work quite nicely, but the JB is more "cocked wah" than I recall them being in other guitars.

Jury is still out. I swear the way I am, I could pick it up a week from now and decide it is perfect (expect for the fret buzz - the setup needs to happen).

Back
Top Bottom