Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since installing this update (sorry I don't remember what exact version I was coming from) I am always prompted about unsaved changes when switching presets. I do have the option to receive the prompt enabled, but this normally only happens when I make a change to the preset.
Unless you select "NO" to the 'Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" in the Setup menu, the new Speaker Impedance Curves added in 20.03 will automatically 'edit' any preset with the new curves created before 20.03. That's why your presets are showing as having unsaved changes.

Since installing this update (sorry I don't remember what exact version I was coming from) I am always prompted about unsaved changes when switching presets. I do have the option to receive the prompt enabled, but this normally only happens when I make a change to the preset.

I'm getting the same thing on my Mac studio

Unless you select "NO" to the 'Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" in the Setup menu, the new Speaker Impedance Curves added in 20.03 will automatically 'edit' any preset with the new curves created before 20.03. That's why your presets are showing as having unsaved changes.
oh ok that makes sense

I intended on getting some work done on a metal song tonight, downloaded the update, loaded up Austin Buddy's '65 Bassman preset and changed the drive out for the BB TImmons and the delay for the Aurora. I usually warm up by improvising over jam tracks from YouTube, I dug the tone I was getting I figured I'd record the warm up, so here's a little clip of the least amount of mistakes :D

It's the Gilmour Strat with EMG's, but I'm not using the boosters at all. The first part is just the amp/delay/verb, 2nd part I kick on the BB and the Bassman is cranked a bit more. There's barely any drive on that BB and the amp isn't doing too much, it's crazy how much sustain can be pulled out of that.

(For some reason the volume is really low on Soundcloud, in Logic it's loud as hell)

Really? Every FW update? Kudos to you for that .... request......piss off already. It's been a good run ...It was funny for the first 100 comments you commented on for updates. I mean damn, I don.t usually block folks but ...Are you trying to be ignored by all those who are relevant?
Just block him, you don't have to worry about whether he cares about relevant people or whatever. Also it would be cool to have the jumped DC30.

Agree 100%.

It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

I think Steve Vai said this once that captures the essence of the thought: “with the Axe-FX, it’s like every day is Christmas.”
Even when the firmware hasn't changed, they're enough in there already that that's always something to try.

Amazing tool!

Thanks Cliff,

For years you have blown me away with your dedication and persuit of quality - Love these units!

Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p04_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

More Drive block improvements. Drive block now incorporates the “Chase Transform Technique” for converting analog networks to equivalent digital filters. This improves accuracy in the high frequency region.

Added Esoteric Bass RCB and BB Pre AT Drive models.

Update BB Pre Drive model to match latest circuit (version 1.5).

Increased the range of the Level parameters in Multitap Delay to -100% to +100%.

Added cross feedback parameters to Quad Parallel type in Multitap Delay block. Added “Aurora Delay” preset to demonstrate capability.

Added PVH 6160 Crunch model.

Fixed Klone Chiron optional EQ not working.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Any impressions on Aurora vs Halo? I was about to buy a Halo as a simple delay for my amps, but there is no rush.

Any impressions on Aurora vs Halo? I was about to buy a Halo as a simple delay for my amps, but there is no rush.
I did a quick A/B today with the real thing. Pretty darned close. Close enough for me.*

*Yek has just gently pointed out to me that I've demoed the wrong Peaveys. 😂😜😬 I always manage to muck something up... D'oh! The vid might be worth a view for the Halo A/B though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom