Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Release

Just got to play with this new release (I was coming from v20.00) and LOVE it! Specifically, the Diamante Fire amp!! I am totally on that bandwagon!!! That amp has got growl all day in every direction!!!! Initial testing indicates it is going to replace the Bassman 57 Bright in my kitchen sink preset!!!!! Thanks again for the product that just keeps giving!!!!!!

Are you using Scene Manager in Axe-Edit? I found a bug earlier while trying to reproduce your issue. I couldn't reproduce what you reported, but I found when using Scene Manager that blocks would later sometimes change their states from Bypassed to Engaged.
M@ - I've had a problem with Scene Manager where it will change an amp channel assignment from A to D. It did it to me a couple times yesterday.

I'm still new to the Axe Fx world but back to converting presets to the new SIC. If I turn it to "YES" in the settings as mentioned in the OP, do I then have to "save" each preset for it to take effect or does it automatically convert all presets?

Share your preset too.
I shared it on the original post. As I test it today, it works as expected. Of course. I did a fair amount to tweaking last night in between sets. Who knows at this point. Here is the same preset in present form for whatever that may be worth.

Attachments

• Main.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
TYVM for the update.

Possible Bug: EDIT - REBOOT FIXED IT
On my template preset (posted below), since updating to 20.02 & USB 1.14, I noticed that my CAB 2:R (Factory 2 #1021) has no sound output now. I haven't changed any part of this preset since updating. If I had to guess, it's as if the factory IR is somehow corrupted, but that's just a wild guess. Not sure if it's a bug or if someone can please lend some light on this.
Factory 2 1021 No sound.jpg

I've toggled to Factory 2 #1020 & Factory 2 #1022 with the exact same parameters and I get sound from them (Factory 2 #1020 pictured only).
Factory 2 1020 has sound.jpg

Attachments

• JT TEMPLATE_6.1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
TYVM for the update.

Possible Bug:
On my template preset (posted below), since updating to 20.02 & USB 1.14, I noticed that my CAB 2:R (Factory 2 #1021) has no sound output now. I haven't changed any part of this preset since updating. If I had to guess, it's as if the factory IR is somehow corrupted, but that's just a wild guess. Not sure if it's a bug or if someone can please lend some light on this.
View attachment 104946

I've toggled to Factory 2 #1020 & Factory 2 #1022 with the exact same parameters and I get sound from them (Factory 2 #1020 pictured only).
View attachment 104947
your patch works for me, so, ya def seems like 1021 could be corrupted or something on your system.

Edit: Cool patch by the way

TYVM for the update.

Possible Bug:
View attachment 104946

View attachment 104947
Try rebooting.

Question...almost all of the settings you can type in a value like 0,1,2,etc. For some reason I can't figure out how to type an exact number into the high and low cuts on the cab block? Using a mouse to turn the knob works but can you not type in exact cut values in Axe Edit?

Question...almost all of the settings you can type in a value like 0,1,2,etc. For some reason I can't figure out how to type an exact number into the high and low cuts on the cab block? Using a mouse to turn the knob works but can you not type in exact cut values in Axe Edit?
If you type in a value the Axe-Fx will round it to the nearest representable value that it can store and return that to the editor. Parameters are stored as 16-bit values (to save space) so not every value is available.

If you type in a value the Axe-Fx will round it to the nearest representable value that it can store and return that to the editor. Parameters are stored as 16-bit values (to save space) so not every value is available.

Hit enter after you select the knob.
Sorry maybe I’m not clear. I’m using Axe Edit (not the physical dials on the front) and I want to type 80hz and 7000hz for low and high cuts for example. Most parameters you can double click on the number and start typing. I can’t figure this out in the cab block how to type in an actual number on those two settings.

Sorry maybe I’m not clear. I’m using Axe Edit (not the physical dials on the front) and I want to type 80hz and 7000hz for low and high cuts for example. Most parameters you can double click on the number and start typing. I can’t figure this out in the cab block how to type in an actual number on those two settings.
Try what guitarnerdswe just posted. It works on Axe Edit!

This firmware sounds very different with my Mesa 2:90.
The mids are much more present and the highs have lost their shine.
I tried to adjust but I couldn't get a good result.
Maybe I'm addicted to the speaker mode settings. I already knew the settings that worked with my setup, so I just tweaked the amp and effects to taste.
I know that turning the axe on and just playing is very error prone cause ears work unreliably from day to day, but I swear I felt the same way after using this firmware too. It felt like it got a LOT less raw and more "polite" for lack of better words. It's strange, maybe it's me, I'll try again tomorrow and see if I feel the same way. I wish I had recordings but I mostly use the Axe for live and practice.

Back
Top Bottom