Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new speaker impedance modeling is amazing! I'm trying to understand from the manual "Speaker Impedance – This allows adjusting the relative impedance of the virtual speaker. For example, to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output set Speaker Impedance to 2.0"

@FractalAudio If I'm using a P10R (IR) for example which has an RE = 6.68 ohms, would I turn the Speaker Impedance down to (6.68/8=) 0.835? Or am I misunderstanding this parameter?

so... just upgraded to this beta (love the diamon btw). decided to mess around on my bass... not 100% sure if it's related to the beta. playing a preset and getting motor-boating oscillation of some sort. upon investigating, if I go to this preset and change the amp model to svbass2 - everything fine... switch back to svbass1... oscillation. moved off the preset and back... behaving like it is def related to the actual amp model. should be pretty easy to replicate...
EDIT: note that the problematic svbass1 is quieter AND oscillating... the svbass2 much louder and not.

Last edited:
Fractal and their CEO Cliff must be commended for continuing to support and upgrade a mature product. Most companies do not continue to refine and upgrade their existing products. They always want you to buy their new stuff, and I understand that. I will be first in line for an AXE FX IV, BUT, it is that constant devotion to improving their products, even existing ones, that turns me on.

What "other company"???
;)

I'm a bit confused wrt manual IC settings as I see wishes on the forum for Fractal to add users' custom cab measurements. Can these values not, once determined / measured, just be typed in on the speaker page?, or, are there some aspects of these measurements that are internal variables only, and not exposed in the Axefx UI?

so... just upgraded to this beta (love the diamon btw). decided to mess around on my bass... not 100% sure if it's related to the beta. playing a preset and getting motor-boating oscillation of some sort. upon investigating, if I go to this preset and change the amp model to svbass2 - everything fine... switch back to svbass1... oscillation. moved off the preset and back... behaving like it is def related to the actual amp model. should be pretty easy to replicate...
EDIT: note that the problematic svbass1 is quieter AND oscillating... the svbass2 much louder and not.
That's already been fixed for the next release. There are a few problematic IR curves where I fat fingered the data entry. That's one of them.

That's already been fixed for the next release. There are a few problematic IR curves where I fat fingered the data entry. That's one of them.
very much appreciate your response, and speed. Figured it might be related to that since y'all were working on new curves and such. thank you for letting me know.

Doesn't do that here. Your FLASH may have become corrupted. Contact support and they'll send you instructions on how to reload the factory IRs.

Okay, I hooked up to play today, and neither of those anomalies is occurring! That makes it even weirder. Now cab #411 in Factory is showing up as it should, and that weirdness with the Recto Small curve is not happening either. 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, I'm glad it fixed itself. I called in the spirit of Max von Sydow, and I got him to repeat "The power of Christ compels you" for a while, so maybe that was what took care of it. It was weird too, because I thought I read something about Captain Howdy on the startup screen. Anyway, I'll close the tech support case.

@craiguitar yes craig... First the "speaker drive", then the "thump", now the "curve"... everytime it is 400 corrections when you manage 170 presets . But if you dont do it and wait, you are dead .
Imagine the time changing all the 3 new features at the same time, like they will probably do for their factory presets ... no way . globally I play 10 minutes with the axe, and then spend 3 hours doing shit like that . but hey , that's the game if you want to have good presets .
Why I love being a one-preset man 🤣

@craiguitar yes craig... First the "speaker drive", then the "thump", now the "curve"... everytime it is 400 corrections when you manage 170 presets . But if you dont do it and wait, you are dead .
Imagine the time changing all the 3 new features at the same time, like they will probably do for their factory presets ... no way . globally I play 10 minutes with the axe, and then spend 3 hours doing shit like that . but hey , that's the game if you want to have good presets .
Individual parameter changes can be made across many presets at once using the Parameter Batch Set feature in Axe Edit.

Fractal Wiki -

Parameter Batch Set

The editors provide a hidden Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu, then select "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select multiple presets to batch set the parameter value.

Individual parameter changes can be made across many presets at once using the Parameter Batch Set feature in Axe Edit.

Fractal Wiki -

Parameter Batch Set

The editors provide a hidden Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu, then select "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select multiple presets to batch set the parameter value.
We know about the batch setter, but of course it'll only work if you want to set the same curve across all the selected presets. All my presets use the default curve for the amp/s in each preset, albeit with a tweak to the low resonance parameter. I think this would require going through each preset individually.

Fractal Wiki -

Parameter Batch Set

When all the presets got different amps and also a different curve it’s useless but thank you !

It reminds me the type of code with use to do in the Super Nintendo to have infinite lives .

Fractal Wiki -

Parameter Batch Set

Can’t use this to reset the speaker curve tho. But I did use it for Speaker Drive (2.00) and Thump (6.00).

Do I understand correctly that in the end, there is no way to reapply the current speaker impedance curve to all presets?
Yes. The process involves changing the current curve to another, then changing back to the former. Since presets use different curves, there’s no way that I know of to do this as a batch process.

Last edited:
From what I was seeing, from AXE-Edit it is not necessary to select a different curve and select the original one again. By entering the parameter and selecting the same current curve, it updates the curve and parameters. In any case, it is a cumbersome process and must be done individually per preset. It would be great if some new feature is added that updates groups of presets with this new release of curves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom