Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a lot of updates that were too subtle for my damaged rock star ears to perceive. The new SIC's are very perceptible and sound fantastic to me. It seems to enhance clarity in the lower mids (to my ears), improving overall clarity. Like a blanket I didn't even realize was there has been lifted. @FractalAudio I love your beautiful head.

What is a ZMA file?
Data file created by the SPL Tracer, a speaker frequency response and impedance graph tracer application; contains speaker data, such as impedance level units and phase information necessary for drivers; similar to .FRD files.

This cracked me up. You make it sound like you were just going about your day when God himself revealed a new firmware solution to you in a vision :tearsofjoy:

As always thank you for your hard work.
It's more of a Frontal Lobe thing.

This is the best FW update yet, IMO. The new speaker impedance improvements make a big difference to the feel and sound. I always thought the impedance curves feature was the point at which we crossed into 'this feels like a real amp' territory. Now it feels and sounds phenomenal. Thanks, Cliff. Please keep the impedance curves coming :).

Do you think you'll change the default Speaker Impedance Curves for some amp models with some of the new ones, like for the Lerxst Omega, e.g?

This is the best FW update yet, IMO. The new speaker impedance improvements make a big difference to the feel and sound. I always thought the impedance curves feature was the point at which we crossed into 'this feels like a real amp' territory. Now it feels and sounds phenomenal. Thanks, Cliff. Please keep the impedance curves coming :).
I agree with this. What I hear is an obvious and glaring difference . . . and it's for the better.

There's a certain "knock" that you get from a real 4x12 that's been missing and now it's here. The feel is slightly different too from earlier firmware - a bit more spongy and tactile. I absolutely LOVE it!

Yeah all the recent speaker and impedance modeling changes have been fantastic. Really added a little something extra to the tone and feel. The differences between the curves seem to be a bit more pronounced in a good way now. As if it wasn't addictive enough to play already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom