Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I was seeing, from AXE-Edit it is not necessary to select a different curve and select the original one again. By entering the parameter and selecting the same current curve, it updates the curve and parameters. In any case, it is a cumbersome process and must be done individually per preset. It would be great if some new feature is added that updates groups of presets with this new release of curves.
I can second this, so there is no need to select another curve and then re-select the original curve; clicking on the dropdown menu brings up the list of all curves. Select the same curve again and it will do the update. But as tripulante.db said, it still must be done on a preset by preset / scene by scene (if multiple amps are in the amp block) basis.

Parameter Batch Set can be useful for changing the curve in all 4 channels of the Amp block(s) in the current preset in one go (if the Amp blocks in those channels use the same curve).

First, re-select the curve to update it.
Hold SHIFT and right-click the curve name.
Click on "Set in Multiple Presets".
Click on "All Channels".
Select only the current preset.
Click Save.

Last edited:
Possible bug. So I was messing around with the speaker impedance etc in the amp block, and started to turn up the Cab resonance, got to about 140% and I lost sound. Anyone else have this problem?

Possible bug. So I was messing around with the speaker impedance etc in the amp block, and started to turn up the Cab resonance, got to about 140% and I lost sound. Anyone else have this problem?
What amp? I think there are a few amps in recent firmware that are unstable under some circumstances. It's been posted about here.

IGNORE THIS POST, IT'S NOT RELIABLE INFO. My apologies.

Last edited:
Parameter Batch Set can be useful for changing the curve in all 4 channels of the Amp block(s) in the current preset in one go (if the Amp blocks in those channels use the same curve).

First, re-select the curve to update it.
Hold SHIFT and right-click the curve name.
Click on "Set in Multiple Presets".
Click on "All Channels".
Select only the current preset.
Click Save.
Exact. I did this procedure for the first 100 presets yesterday dedicating several hours of my Sunday!.. :rolleyes:

What amp? I think there are a few amps in recent firmware that are unstable under some circumstances. It's been posted about here.
I think the issue was for specific SIC's, not amps?

IIRC Cliff had said sometime that extreme SICs resonances can cause instabilities.

Last edited:
Hey guys, perhaps someone could maybe help me out a little. I'm a little confused as to what this impedance curve thing is. I'm seeing this added alot in the updates....does this take the place of a cab? What are the purpose or use of these impedance curves? Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm just a little lost on this....thanks for any insight!

Hey guys, perhaps someone could maybe help me out a little. I'm a little confused as to what this impedance curve thing is. I'm seeing this added alot in the updates....does this take the place of a cab? What are the purpose or use of these impedance curves? Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm just a little lost on this....thanks for any insight!
They are curves in the amp block which model how an amp interacts electrically with a speaker cabinet.

it's a deep topic... the wiki is a great resource that collects a lot of quality information on such things:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#SPEAKER_IMPEDANCE_CURVE

Didn't she sing I think we're alone now?
Tiffany Darwish GIF by New Kids On The Block

She thinks we've got tone now.... :p

This is still happening on 20.02b1. Im getting a gnarly pop on a preset I've been using for years. (Refreshing amps when needed of course.)

If you enable the synth, and increase the volume, the crackling increases. As well as the Input dynamics, and output compression. It can happen with both of them off, if the synth is loud enough. [Be careful, its not musical. (And I know, "don't do that then." But I went years without a pop without "doing that.")]

The pops are worse, but fewer and further between, when you're playing and not trying to trigger them on purpose

I’m not sure if this has been addressed, but I’ve attached a preset and I can provide more if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom