Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01

Thank you Cliff and everyone at Fractal for all the hard work you do. The effort you go through makes a difference.

Btw, I am really enjoying the Smallbox amp. It's an amp that on paper, matches what I generally go for, but I've never been able to get it where I could use it as much as I wanted. However, with the improvements that have been made over the last few updates, it really has become more of what I wanted it to be, without the need of advanced parameter tweaking. I am now looking forward to using those deeper parameters to shape it even further.

So, if you have an amp that maybe didn't quite gel with you before, I'd definitely give it another look.

Thank you Cliff and everyone at Fractal for all the hard work you do. The effort you go through makes a difference.

Btw, I am really enjoying the Smallbox amp. It's an amp that on paper, matches what I generally go for, but I've never been able to get it where I could use it as much as I wanted. However, with the improvements that have been made over the last few updates, it really has become more of what I wanted it to be, without the need of advanced parameter tweaking. I am now looking forward to using those deeper parameters to shape it even further.

So, if you have an amp that maybe didn't quite gel with you before, I'd definitely give it another look.
With the most recent v20.01 capacitor value change in the Smallbox model, can anyone comment on its effect on the sound? Is it noticeable?

With the most recent v20.01 capacitor value change in the Smallbox model, can anyone comment on its effect on the sound? Is it noticeable?
Yep, that update was the reason why I wanted to give it another try. While I cannot isolate my enjoyment of it solely to this change, I can certainly hear the difference. The overall sound is more balanced. Before it was much too bass heavy for me, and the high end was a little thin and under high gain, would collapse a bit. With those same settings but with the update, I find that while it is still bass heavy, it isn't muddy and the high end is thicker and does not collapse the same way. That's just with my setup though. Hopefully others will chime in with their findings.

Is there a way to reverse firmware 20.01 back to 20.00? My laptop no longer communicates with the FX3 after the upgrade. I want to have a back option if I cant fix before gig.

Hi,
I've set up two different setlists via axe edit. I want to increase/decrease the songs with one switch (tap/hold) on my FC6. I activate set 2 (Shows 'active' on the hardware unit) but the songs on the FC6s' switch are from set 1.
Is there anything I am missing or is that indeed a bug? Anyone experience the same?
Can I post anything to help you help me?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and hints that might solve this scooby doo mystery...

Chris

Hi,
I've set up two different setlists via axe edit. I want to increase/decrease the songs with one switch (tap/hold) on my FC6. I activate set 2 (Shows 'active' on the hardware unit) but the songs on the FC6s' switch are from set 1.
Is there anything I am missing or is that indeed a bug? Anyone experience the same?
Can I post anything to help you help me?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and hints that might solve this scooby doo mystery...

Chris
I'm experiencing a similar problem. The first pic is a preset I searched for:
set1a.jpg

When I clear the Search and select a random song, it shows P# 25, Friedman BE which is the preset for the previous song:
set2a.jpg

If I click another song and then go back to the previous song, it shows the correct preset for that song:
set3a.JPG

I'm experiencing a similar problem. The first pic is a preset I searched for:
View attachment 104575

When I clear the Search and select a random song, it shows P# 25, Friedman BE which is the preset for the previous song:
View attachment 104576

If I click another song and then go back to the previous song, it shows the correct preset for that song:
View attachment 104577
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a search field, it's the name you're giving to the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom