Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta (Beta 2)

I'm getting a volume burst when changing scenes. It's the first time I've ever encountered it. 99.9% of time it's user error on my end so I'm gonna keep trying to see if I can isolate the problem and monitor the thread to see if others are having the issue. So far I think I may have it isolated being related to a control switch on the input boost to turn it on. And it seems like the quick pop or jolt in vol. occurs when switching from a scene without the CS (input boost) to a scene with it on and visa versa. But it doesn't occur every time, which is weird.

Love the addition of the thump. I had to tame the LF Res curve down a bit on the 4x12 Brit Greenback because it was a little boomy but adding the thump seems to enhance more frequencies than just the low end. It feels great.

Edit: added the preset file.
This has been fixed for the next release.

What would be the Speaker Thump setting for a 100W amp going into a 40W speaker, and for a 100W amp going into a 50W speaker? I know the best practice is to use your ears; I ask because I think knowing this stuff helps for better starting places for tone, and I just tweak from there.

What would be the Speaker Thump setting for a 100W amp going into a 40W speaker, and for a 100W amp going into a 50W speaker? I know the best practice is to use your ears; I ask because I think knowing this stuff helps for better starting places for tone, and I just tweak from there.
100W into 40W would be > 10. You would never do that in the real world as you would damage the speaker.

I thought that the problem might be related to the fact you have Amp1 Channels B and C Bypass Mode set to THRU instead of MUTE, but might be more to it. Investigating and will update this post.

- It's NOT the control switch modifiers you mentioned earlier. I removed all modifiers.

I FOUND IT: It's Amp 2. Although it is bypassed and its bypass mode is set to MUTE, it is causing a small bump of sound when the channel changes while the block is bypassed. Either amp block will do it, but your preset demonstrates it using amp 2.

I will send a test preset to @FractalAudio

EDIT: As posted below, this has been FIXED for next release.
You guys (@FractalAudio & team) rock! It's a beta release and it figured it would iron itself out in the next releases.

Do you suggest that I set up the amps' bypass modes differently as a best practice or is this just a one-off item? And as you said, it will be fixed.

If you are using a real guitar speaker you may want to turn these controls down/off. With an FRFR I would not recommend that as FRFR speakers are not designed to distort like guitar speakers do.
It would be great if these settings were baselined for real cabs when selecting SS Pwr Amp + Cab. Please make this a standard if possible.
I use both so this would be helpful.
Even more would be to make all of it part of the cab block so I can use one amp block for both outputs.

I know, in real life, I only have zero wishes :)
Thanks for everything you do!

It would be great if these settings were baselined for real cabs when selecting SS Pwr Amp + Cab. Please make this a standard if possible.
I use both so this would be helpful.
Even more would be to make all of it part of the cab block so I can use one amp block for both outputs.

I know, in real life, I only have zero wishes :)
Thanks for everything you do!
I don't know what "baselined" means in this context.

I know this has been said before and maybe it's worth it's own thread but I would really like to have option for setting different Power amp Output settings per Output i.e. for those of us who go Output 1 "FRFR" with Cab block to FOH and Output 2 "SS Pwr Amp+Cab" without Cab Block to a traditional backline setup.

I know this has been said before and maybe it's worth it's own thread but I would really like to have option for setting different Power amp Output settings per Output i.e. for those of us who go Output 1 "FRFR" with Cab block to FOH and Output 2 "SS Pwr Amp+Cab" without Cab Block to a traditional backline setup.
Did you check the wish section

Yeah, just thought it was really worth mentioning it here as being relevant to the current conversation about the usage of the new speaker features.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p01_beta2.zip

Here is the new Axe-Edit:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-03-to-support-fw-20-01-public-beta-2.184740/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

Decreased minimum diffuser time in Delay block to 1%.

Added G12T-75 speaker impedance curve.

Added Depth control to Authentic page for Brit Super, Brit 800 Mod and JMP-1 amp models.

Fixed switching channels on Drive block can cause pop.

Fixed switching channels on bypassed blocks can cause an audio gap.

FC: Fixed all FC "Effect" functions (Bypass and Channel, Global and Per-Preset) so they no longer change to an incorrect block when you upgrade from firmware 19.08 or older, or when you restore backups created under the same. NOTE: If you previously installed firmware 20.00 (beta or release) and manually saved changes to global or per-preset "Effect" switches, you may need to manually adjust switch settings again, or import backups created in firmware 19.08 or earlier.

FC: Fixed Factory Default layouts so FX Bypass and Channel switches use the correct blocks.

FC: Fixed an issue that prevented the Hold function from working correctly for some Stand-in Switches.

Various other fixes and improvements.
I was just going to post a question about the FC Effect issue and the workaround. But I see that this new firmware fixes that. So by downloading this does it fix whatever the problem was? I mean I had downloaded the beta 20 before the full version came out and a fix was noticed. So I don’t know if I have an issue as of yet but I’m sure I do. I just haven’t had time to go much with it since downloading so I’m asking if I did have the issue, will this new beta basically return my unit the way it should work before I originally downloaded the beta 20.0 version? Hope this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom