Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta (Beta 2)

I think I found a bug. With certain combinations of speaker drive and speaker thump the sound goes away when playing some notes, as if something is overloaded. Is this normal? It doesn't do this as soon as I turn off any of the mentioned parameters.

Here's a sample and a preset showcasing the issue:

Attachments

• LED ZEPPELIN.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I think I found a bug. With certain combinations of speaker drive and speaker thump the sound goes away when playing some notes, as if something is overloaded. Is this normal? It doesn't do this as soon as I turn off any of the mentioned parameters.

Excessive values of either parameter can "destroy" the virtual voice coil. Don't turn things up that high.

First recording of a virtual voice coil being destroyed.

Cool! Thanks FAS ❤️

Quick question. When I read ‘100w amp into a 100w speaker’, is that one speaker that has 100w sensitivity e.g. a K100, or is that 4 speakers at 25w each e.g. a 4x12 with Greenbacks?

Basically, where would I put it to simulate a 100w amp going into four 60w V30s?

Cool! Thanks FAS ❤️

Quick question. When I read ‘100w amp into a 100w speaker’, is that one speaker that has 100w sensitivity e.g. a K100, or is that 4 speakers at 25w each e.g. a 4x12 with Greenbacks?

Basically, where would I put it to simulate a 100w amp going into four 60w V30s?
Those examples are the same. Whether it's one 100W speaker or ten 10W speakers it's 100W.

For a 100W amp into 240W worth of speakers I'd start around 2.0. Adjust to taste. There are no hard-and-fast rules.

As always use your ears.

Really seems like amp/speaker interaction is the final frontier in modeling. A lot of work has been done with it lately and it has made a huge difference.

I think a Tech Notes on all these new speaker parameters would be really helpful. One thing I keep wondering about is if some of these parameters become redundant with real speaker cabinets, FRFR or otherwise. Should some of these parameters be disabled if you have a real cab that you're cranking up? Wouldn't the real speaker have it's own drive/thump/compression, ect?

Really seems like amp/speaker interaction is the final frontier in modeling. A lot of work has been done with it lately and it has made a huge difference.

I think a Tech Notes on all these new speaker parameters would be really helpful. One thing I keep wondering about is if some of these parameters become redundant with real speaker cabinets, FRFR or otherwise. Should some of these parameters be disabled if you have a real cab that you're cranking up? Wouldn't the real speaker have it's own drive/thump/compression, ect?
If you are using a real guitar speaker you may want to turn these controls down/off. With an FRFR I would not recommend that as FRFR speakers are not designed to distort like guitar speakers do.

Another dimension new galaxy Intergalactic planetry

Back
Top Bottom