Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta (Beta 2)

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p01_beta2.zip

Here is the new Axe-Edit:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-03-to-support-fw-20-01-public-beta-2.184740/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

Decreased minimum diffuser time in Delay block to 1%.

Added G12T-75 speaker impedance curve.

Added Depth control to Authentic page for Brit Super, Brit 800 Mod and JMP-1 amp models.

Fixed switching channels on Drive block can cause pop.

Fixed switching channels on bypassed blocks can cause an audio gap.

FC: Fixed all FC "Effect" functions (Bypass and Channel, Global and Per-Preset) so they no longer change to an incorrect block when you upgrade from firmware 19.08 or older, or when you restore backups created under the same. NOTE: If you previously installed firmware 20.00 (beta or release) and manually saved changes to global or per-preset "Effect" switches, you may need to manually adjust switch settings again, or import backups created in firmware 19.08 or earlier.

FC: Fixed Factory Default layouts so FX Bypass and Channel switches use the correct blocks.

FC: Fixed an issue that prevented the Hold function from working correctly for some Stand-in Switches.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,
This unit, no….this brand has been the best musical investment I’ve ever made. Exceptional support with firmware updates that offer ‘new stuff’ and fixes every few weeks. Amazing.
Thank you
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p01_beta2.zip

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit III-v1p12p03-b4.zip

Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

Added Depth control to Authentic page for Brit Super, Brit 800 Mod and JMP-1 amp models.

FC: Fixed all FC "Effect" functions (Bypass and Channel, Global and Per-Preset) so they no longer change to an incorrect block when you upgrade from firmware 19.08 or older, or when you restore backups created under the same. NOTE: If you previously installed firmware 20.00 (beta or release) and manually saved changes to global or per-preset "Effect" switches, you may need to manually adjust switch settings again, or import backups created in firmware 19.08 or earlier.

FC: Fixed Factory Default layouts so FX Bypass and Channel switches use the correct blocks.

FC: Fixed an issue that prevented the Hold function from working correctly for some Stand-in Switches.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-03-to-support-fw-20-01-public-beta-2.184740/

Finally! A T75 Speaker Curve!! My 2x12 JCM900 Cab will have a blast!

And that speaker thump response sounds to me like a blast to try with my cab in order to make it Rumble

Wonderful addition Added Depth control to Authentic page for Brit Super, Brit 800 Mod and JMP-1 amp models. Thank you Cliff for your development of this amazing machine and the soul of it (firmware).

Thanks for the update. One question on Speaker Thump:
Suppose if we use an 100w amplifier model and an IR shot with 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker.
Does Speaker Thump have to be zero, not 5, to match the behavior in real-life?
I mean, whether the “authentic” value of Speaker Thump changes depending on the combination of the power amp output and the speaker rating in IR shooting.

Thanks for the update. One question on Speaker Thump:
Suppose if we use an 100w amplifier model and an IR shot with 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker.
Does Speaker Thump have to be zero, not 5, to match the behavior in real-life?
I mean, whether the “authentic” value of Speaker Thump changes depending on the combination of the power amp output and the speaker rating in IR shooting.
No. IRs are linear.

Back
Top Bottom