Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta 2 (Beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Improved output transformer modelling" this right here has me eagerly waiting for it to trickle down to the FM3

Wow, I did not expect a Diamond amp in the Axe FX at all! I own a Diamond Phantom and, while it sounds quite good - I believe it's a Martin Golub design - it's nothiing that a nice JCM 800 can't provide.

Is the Del Fuego a Golub or a Blankenship design?

Aynway, I like the way it sounds! Reminds me of a Marshall Class 5 with more body to it.

Thanks for all these updates, Cliff!

I wonder why this amp was added over so many others? It looks cool, bit I had never heard about it until today
It's usually because so many "famous" amps that people request are regurgitated versions of a tweaked Marshall or Fender or Vox amps that are easily recreated using the built-in parameters. It has to be something special that catches Cliff's attention. Class-A amps are rare and that might have done it.

Or, it could be that Diamond understands the benefit of a symbiotic relationship with Fractal and worked with them to create the model. The Carol-Ann amps are very accurate models of the originals because Alan Phillips worked closely with Cliff. Reading Alan Phillips' quotes in the Amplifier models list is interesting.

It's usually because so many "famous" amps that people request are regurgitated versions of a tweaked Marshall or Fender or Vox amps that are easily recreated using the built-in parameters. It has to be something special that catches Cliff's attention. Class-A amps are rare and that might have done it.

Or, it could be that Diamond understands the benefit of a symbiotic relationship with Fractal and worked with them to create the model. The Carol-Ann amps are very accurate models of the originals because Alan Phillips worked closely with Cliff. Reading Alan Phillips' quotes in the Amplifier models list is interesting.
But this sounds like it is almost the same as the Blankenship model

Excited for the new update.

I wonder why this amp was added over so many others? It looks cool, bit I had never heard about it until today
Because with an unknown amp, no one will break his **** saying that it don’t sound like the original 🤣

Yes making a amp you never owned and never listened to for real is super easy.

1/You learn how to build an amp

2/you learn to read a amp diagram

3/you eat some pringles onion

4/ you realize you are 60 when you are able to do that

5/ then you realize that in the axe you don’t have an empty circuit board and a component list

6/ you eat some more Pringle’s but this time with a hot sauce

7/you realize you are 80 and still don’t have your wish

8/you take your car to buy the amp in the only Music Store that remains on earth and you die by a heart attack in the travel

Last edited:
I don't see a new version of Axe-Edit to go along with this. Forthcoming?
If the firmware didn't force additional or changed elements in the editor, and the editor can read what changed from the firmware, like a new amp or adjusted parameters, then there's no need for an updated Edit app. Running Settings > Refresh After New Firmware will take care of it.

The release notes will say when we need to install an updated editor.

Ooh, we still doing new amps ? A mezzabarba would be nice 😊. I guess it’s just a SLO, but can’t seem to get that grind I hear in demos.
@toneseeker911

oh if that happens has to be called the "MESSY BARBER"
Jokes aside. that amp is 90% an SLO lead cHannel just mixed w Marshall

To get it take the SLO , switch the tone stack to Plexi , switch power tubes to El34s
Turn on the input boost screamer , and add in. some of the depth control .

if you compare that. to clips you should be. able to match them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom