Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's always been like that. Regardless I have changed things for the next release so that blocks that must mute on channel change don't mute if they are bypassed.
Thanks for the ultra fast reply and solution! I double checked with FW 20.00B4 and FW 19.08 and there is a difference in behavior between the two FW's. I also checked with enabled and bypassed reverb and in 19.08 there is no gap while in 20.00B4 there is regardless of the block state. Again I attached a simple preset that shows a gap in the current beta where there is none in the last official FW.

Attachments

• SceneSwitchGap.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Popping: I will post two presets later when I get home, but I’m getting an intermittent popping sound with the Shred Distortion drive when output is set above around 5. Turning level down to around 4 eliminates it. The presets are recent creations - so I don’t know yet whether it’s Fw20 related. Again will post later.

When comparing fw 20b4 and 19.08 I noticed that with fw 20b4 the onset of distortion amp and or drive block is significantly earlier and more intense. As if the pickups would be hotter. For comparison, I used the Bassmann 59 preset scene 1 to 4.
Reducing the volume pot from 10 to 7 and input trim 0.5 does not create the same result as 19.08.
The sound otherwise remains the same, except for the effect of Speaker Drive. Hoer I have taken into account that under 19.08. the value 0 and FW 20b4 2 is set as the base value.
Except for the FW was changed at the FX3MK1 and the setup nothing.
Listen to headphones on the FX3 and is only a hint

Last edited:
When comparing fw 20b4 and 19.08 I noticed that with fw 20b4 the onset of distortion amp and or drive block is significantly earlier and more intense. As if the pickups would be hotter. For comparison, I used the Bassmann 59 preset scene 1 to 4.
Reducing the volume pot from 10 to 7 and input trim 0.5 does not create the same result as 19.08.
The sound otherwise remains the same, except for the effect of Speaker Drive. Hoer I have taken into account that under 19.08. the value 0 and FW 20b4 2 is set as the base value.
Except for the FW was changed at the FX3MK1 and the setup nothing.
Listen to headphones on the FX3 and is only a hint
There were no changes to the Amp or Drive blocks except for the change to the Speaker Drive algorithm.

The sound surprised me when I started playing. It's a quite noticeable difference in sound than previously. Wish I would've done a before/after recording but the changes are usual subtle. I very much liked the old sound, so I'm getting used to the new one. Like I said, I still need to tweak the EQ to my liking. Overall, things sound more authentic and less produced to me.
Oh dear lord... Of course the user was the error... I had somehow turned on the direct monitoring on my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface. I have my XLR inputs in my home studio split between my interface and a line mixer (with the monitor output of the interface also going to the mixer) before going to my monitors so I can easily adjust monitor volume of inputs without affecting recordings. So when I accidentally added my Axe FX 3 inputs to direct monitoring, I had phasing issues. Didn't figure this out until I tried playing music directly from the Axe FX 3 and noticing that it sounded bad, like it was going through a guitar cab.

So yeah, now my guitar sounds exactly like it used to.

JMPre-1 Bug:
The (in the Orginal fixed) 3-Band EQ in the Ideal Tab isn't working on the four OD Types, the clean Types the EQ works correctly! This Problem exists also on my 5.03 FM3!
The EQ in the Authentic Tab, which is also represented in the Output EQ works in all JMPre-1 Types

JMPre-1 Bug:
The (in the Orginal fixed) 3-Band EQ in the Ideal Tab isn't working on the four OD Types, the clean Types the EQ works correctly! This Problem exists also on my 5.03 FM3!
The EQ in the Authentic Tab, which is also represented in the Output EQ works in all JMPre-1 Types
Not a bug. Dig around the release notes and you'll find the explanation.

Not a bug. Dig around the release notes and you'll find the explanation.

"Added JMPRE-1 Output EQ type to Amp block. This type replicates the active EQ used in the JMP-1 preamp (see below).

Added JMPre-1 Clean1/2 models. Note: The real amp has a fixed, passive tone stack with an active 4-band EQ. Therefore, the Bass/Mid/Treble controls when using Authentic Tone Controls are mapped to the Graphic EQ. The passive tone stack itself, however, is adjustable. With all controls at noon the tone stack is equivalent to the real amp’s fixed tone stack. You can access these controls using the Ideal Tone Controls or via Axe-Edit.

Updated JMPre-1 OD1/2 models. As with the Clean1/2 models the Bass/Mid/Treble controls now are mapped to the Graphic EQ when using Authentic Tone Controls."

So the OD Types had not the fixed Tone Stack circuit like the Cleans had? (sorry for my english)

Edit: solved. User inattentiveness issue.

Possible bug:

I could not see user IRs in cab block channel D from Axe Edit while playing yesterday. I did not check if it happened in other presets, and neither check if it happened while editing from the front panel. Will post preset later today if it can't be replicated.

Last edited:
Possible bug:

I could not see user IRs in cab block channel D from Axe Edit while playing yesterday. I did not check if it happened in other presets, and neither check if it happened while editing from the front panel. Will post preset later today if it can't be replicated.
I can see the User CABs at all channels. Does it happens at all your presets?

retrying it, what is the difference between the Brit super and the marshall afs 100 ? the brit super is just based on the slash but it's a fas amp ? the wiki is not very clear about that . Both are mentionned being the slash head

Possible bug:

I don't have any presets that use Ch D of the Cab block, but when I go into that Channel on a preset and use the Picker, I can see IRs in User 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom