Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few examples using it after the amp/cab here for studio style saturation.

Nicely done Leon. It took me a couple of hours to start to "hear" how I'd want to use both new things. My favorite presets are bluesier, but I do have some nastier solo scenes within them, and that's where I see these shining.

Yesterday I was playing with a 1987x-based sound, for a lead scene, and turned up the speaker drive and suddenly the notes were hanging onto the guitar like the amp was 100 dB and not takin' sh*t. THAT is fun. :)

Wow, the new speaker drive is totally awesome! I have it at the default value right now and really love it. Also the Dynamic Distortion after the cab is pure magic, these two things are adding the last bit of "feel" for me. Thank you for this incredible update!

A potential bug: Global block for Dynamic Distortion in Axe Edit is not working for me, it does not load the global values but keeps the ones stored in the preset.

Bug? On switch 9 I had an override for a Flanger instead of a Chorus, but filter 3 appears since the upgrade

Attachments

• Boss CE-1 65 BassFlage.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
A potential bug: Global block for Dynamic Distortion in Axe Edit is not working for me, it does not load the global values but keeps the ones stored in the preset.

Confirmed.

Speaker Drive is a brilliant idea and addition in the FW

If I understand it correctly, this modulates the audio signal generated by the amp, the waveform as it affects a real speaker. The higher the speaker drive value is, the more sluggishly the virtual speaker converts the impulses and additional frequency overlays are added.

Audibly it becomes softer in the lower frequencies and fuller, more focused in the other frequencies.

So it is possible to reproduce the behavior of modern speakers, more towards 0 value and old speakers, more towards 3-4 and more.

Even values from 0.25 influence the sound very nicely.

0= No influence
2= a general basic value

Since different speaker sizes 8" 10" 12" 15" but also different materials have influence on it, it would be great if there will be a table in the wiki that can be consulted.

e.g.
Alino Blue 2x12 = 2.3* SD
Greenback 4x12 = 1.8* SD
*These are just made up values and not real ones.

Edit:
Of course, there are other factors that affect the behavior of the speaker, the shape and type of the speaker, the cabinet, whether open or closed and much more.

Big thanks to FAS for the unequal support to us users.

Last edited:
Maybe it is possible in the future that the SD value is linked to the Speaker Imp. Curve and corresponding values are stored.
And the CAB (IR) determines the frequency range in the SD algorithm.

I'll run away quickly now before there is a hitting
:cool::):):):oops:

So it is possible to reproduce the behavior of modern speakers, more towards 0 value and old speakers, more towards 3-4 and more.

Even values from 0.25 influence the sound very nicely.

0= No influence
2= a general basic value

Since different speaker sizes 8" 10" 12" 15" but also different materials have influence on it, it would be great if there will be a table in the wiki that can be consulted.

e.g.
Alino Blue 2x12 = 2.3* SD
Greenback 4x12 = 1.8* SD
*These are just made up values and not real ones.

Edit:
Of course, there are other factors that affect the behavior of the speaker, the shape and type of the speaker, the cabinet, whether open or closed and much more.

Or .... just set it where it sounds good.

Something I am really liking...

Put a chorus 100% mix in parallel and add the dyn dist in stereo after (or before, I prefer after). It does wonders for fine tuning the chorus. It is like secret sauce on chorus :)
I was just about to say that... using Dyn Distortion after effects running in parallel does some nice things. after Delays, Phasers and other types can really add some nice analog flavor to otherwise clean sounding effects...

PINKY_KA_12_1598362621463_4.jpg
So you are trying to take over the world. Thats kinda what I thought,

But what about other cab block parameters? These parameters like for ex speaker drive are related to the phisycal relation between amp and cab.. The others to the type of cab and speaker.. Am i correct? So my question is ( also posted before) starting from a g12m 25 ir changing for ex low resonance impedance curve etc can i make it become an g12h75?

Lady’s and Gentlemen, we finally reached a point where the Axe Fx is beyond a real amp.
Speaker drive is just awesome, thank you Cliff and everyone at Fractal Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom