Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’cha love those “DOH!” moments? :)

I’m looking forward to hearing how it sounds...
Haha! Yes, "d'oh" says it all.

I can upload the video as 'Unlisted' and post it here, hoping that people can respect that Axe Edit III 1.12.01 is not perfect - yet*. Hopefully people will see past the little bug (which I probably should have shut up about). I think it's probably worth it. Cool?

*Edit - It is perfect, I think. I should have run the Refresh After New Firmware. And I should know that! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Scene / Channel switching is faster indeed. 👍

With two Amp blocks placed in series, switching channels on the bypassed block results in short gaps in the audio.
These gaps don't occur when doing the same with the two Amp blocks placed in parallel.

Last edited:
Here you go. Very loose but you'll get the idea.

This video is Unlisted and intended for this forum only.

Nice!

Yes, it’s a good application for it. I was listening with my eyes closed and when you turned it on the guitar sounded more like a miked dreadnought to me, richer and more present. The chorus was nice too.

Have great acoustic shows! I haven’t done one since before the virus and miss how fun and informal they are. It’s nice to be reminded where we came from. :)

Awesome. Thank you!

I had a dumb idea that might be interesting for a thing. What about a parametric (peaking) EQ that follows your pitch, and boosts that frequency?
you could already do that. attach frequency to the pitch modifier and gain level to envelope. you'd have to tweak the pitch follower curve so it tracks incoming pitch 1:1, but you can easily figure out the correct values for start/mid/end by attaching it to frequency in a pitch block and setting tracking mode to envelope only. pm me if none of that makes any sense.

First Impression is impressive.

Although a very small change, dynamic behaviour and sound is really nice for FRFR at home through my Adams. Last weeks I played mainly with the Marshall JCM800 on stock settings and found some new stock IR's.With this cab and amp with some small tweaks for some small cutting and playing with approx.

So I decided to make a scratch template (to avoid personal settings) as my changes are really small nowaday's from 19.06 onwards even smaller.
Did the usual changes for my set up (mainly input low cut). Reason for resetting is that I wanted the stock settings from the amp as intended with the new speakerblock. As I also have my guitar (musicman Steve Morse) and the PU's fully setup for classic rock Les Paul and Telecaster sounds.

I noticed some very small changes in FW20beta4 that impacted (for me!) the sounds.

• It's a little "studio" cleaner in the highs and also the clean amps have really nice response.
  • Even the Speaker Independance Curve and my drives responded a little different (again very light changes)
  • I was never a roll-off volume guy as it never gave the sounds I liked, but lately and especially 20xbeta4 had really nice rolloff feel and sound.

With playing around lately with my Musicman Steve Morse (that suddenly after I setup everything after 19.06 is my main guitar, before it was my humbucker strat) as I never got the real classic sounds with my Steve Morse musicman as the breakup never felt OK with my axe fx and pu settings.
Now it does.

Since today when making a new scratch preset from the amp I mainly worked on the last weeks (to experiment with classic Les Paul and Fender like Tele/Stratty sounds) and most things on stock standard settings have never had such nice JCM800 tone and also the clean amps (jazz 120 / 1987treble) never sounded so nice.

Saw the video from Burgs and when everything implemented (public release) I will definitely play with that block as well.

For now: I have never been happier with my sound (FRFR at home trough Adam Audio monitors) as also the response with same settings is better in the frequencies to me as I am very sensitive to changes in volume or reflection from my room. Seems I have some nice settings nowadays after experimenting since I got the AXE FXMKII Turbo in january this year).

Musicman

Dynamic Distortion works a treat with acoustic/piezo applications too. Try this little preset. Scene names* will explain what's going on.

*There's an anomaly in AEIII 1.12.01 where the previously selected block's Channel Type name is retained when selecting the Dynamic Distortion block.
I just run my Gibson Chet Atkins CE nylon string piezo through this preset, it's spot on and sounds great. Thank you !

Last edited:
Insane update!
New speaker drive is a huge part of my tone now.
Combined with FullRes mixed at -25db it brings a lot of raw power to the sound.

But omg what is it with preset switching...
It is SUPER fast.
I could not believe my eyes when I took a look at AxeEdit.

Also, scene changes are now really almost seamless.
No pops and no explosions even when switching from clean with cab off to heavy overdrive with cab on and back.

Found no bugs so far, everything works as it should.
Can only recommend to check this update out (do not forget to backup just in case).

Insane update!
New speaker drive is a huge part of my tone now.
Combined with FullRes mixed at -25db it brings a lot of raw power to the sound.

But omg what is it with preset switching...
It is SUPER fast.
I could not believe my eyes when I took a look at AxeEdit.

Also, scene changes are now really almost seamless.
No pops and no explosions even when switching from clean with cab off to heavy overdrive with cab on and back.

Found no bugs so far, everything works as it should.
Can only recommend to check this update out (do not forget to backup just in case).
Yeah, I can't live without Speaker Drive now. It's one of those "where have you been all my life" things.

Great update! Can't wait to play! One thing I wonder is, does speaker drive occur when a 240w cab is driven by a 100w amp in the real world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom